Shipping Snack sticks question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lothar1974

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 22, 2014
MN
Wondering if anyone has shipped before.  Want to ship some snack sticks to a coworker.  They would be going from MN to OH.  Sticks were made with Cure and smoked, they are the 7 Pepper Snack sticks I just recently did.  Is ground fine or do I need 2 day shipping or..... ?  Any input is appreciated!!  Almost forgot, they are vacuum sealed.

Lothar1974

Last edited:
If you freeze them, ground would probably be fine. UPS used to have small styrofoam shipping containers. My mother in law has sausages shipped to us boys from Wyoming every year and they come in one of those containers. The ey are sent ground and are mostly still frozen when we get them.

Wondering if anyone has shipped before.  Want to ship some snack sticks to a coworker.  They would be going from MN to OH.  Sticks were made with Cure and smoked, they are the 7 Pepper Snack sticks I just recently did.  Is ground fine or do I need 2 day shipping or..... ?  Any input is appreciated!!  Almost forgot, they are vacuum sealed.

Lothar1974
Yes you will be fine with shipping. I ship to my 2 sons in Iraq & Afghn and sausage/jerky arrive fine. Give them a bonus and shoot some hot air popped corn in the box for packaging.

Thanks for the quick feed back all!  Good friend / coworker in OH needs a pick me up as his MS has gotten worse  :(      Will be shipping tomorrow! 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky