She wants chicken and ribs......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

912smoker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 29, 2020
Statesboro Ga
Picked up a granddaughter Friday afternoon and was informed that she wanted chicken legs Sat and ribs on Sunday. And as she is in charge, we went on a shopping spree.
Got her chicken legs and quarters for us. Dusted with Yardbird rub then let them roll at 250 for about 90 mins the cranked the 1050 up to 550° for some color. No char for her please. Took them to 180 IT and no pink flowing liquid is allowed in this house lol.
Quick easy cook and everyone was happy. Love the YB flavor and plenty juicy. No plated pics but served with corn on the cob and peas.
20220115_180341.jpg 20220115_180505.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Putting her ribs on now

Keith

And the ribs are on. It's been a while but a nice cool day for it here in SE Ga.
Had rain till 10 or so now in the mid 50's , overcast and windy.
Got this pack for 2.99 lb so not a terrible price.
Made the SL cut and ready for some salve. Haven't used one in a while but went with a yellow mustard binder today.
Used MC Honey Hog on the ribs and MC Holy Voodoo on the trim. Love that flavor but too much for them.
Rolling with pecan chunks at 300° and plan to keep them naked and spritz with pickle juice...thanks TNJAKE TNJAKE 20220116_142226.jpg

Attachments

• 20220116_143751.jpg
    20220116_143751.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 23
Looks good Keith! I've heard about pickle brine and chicken but not ribs...sounds interesting!

Ryan

Reactions: 912smoker
The Princess must get what she wants. Or at least thats how it goes in my house. And looks like you did a darn good job of putting the requested eats on.
Jim

Reactions: 912smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky