Sept 11, Neighborhood BBQ Competition

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bauchjw

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Aug 3, 2015
Alexandria, VA
For anyone near Alexandria VA or wanting a road trip this weekend, there is a big neighborhood BBQ competition at Waynewood Rec Pool, 1027 Dalebrook Drive, Alexandria 22308 starting at 2pm and going until about 7pm Saturday Sept 11. There are 13 teams, all backyard BBQers and smokers, entering 3 events, the second event is people’s choice and we feed the crowd. 10 dollars per adult gets you a free taste or two from each team. All money goes to charity. Open competition, no restrictions on electric, egg, stick burner, etc. Wide variety of food and technique…with varying skill levels. Live bands, BYOB. Family friendly. If you want to stop by Friday night and say hello, cooking starts Friday night at 6, ask for Jed at Smoking Raptor BBQ and I’ll give you a cold one!

For anyone near Alexandria VA or wanting a road trip this weekend, there is a big neighborhood BBQ competition at Waynewood Rec Pool, 1027 Dalebrook Drive, Alexandria 22308 starting at 2pm and going until about 7pm Saturday Sept 11. There are 13 teams, all backyard BBQers and smokers, entering 3 events, the second event is people’s choice and we feed the crowd. 10 dollars per adult gets you a free taste or two from each team. All money goes to charity. Open competition, no restrictions on electric, egg, stick burner, etc. Wide variety of food and technique…with varying skill levels. Live bands, BYOB. Family friendly. If you want to stop by Friday night and say hello, cooking starts Friday night at 6, ask for Jed at Smoking Raptor BBQ and I’ll give you a cold one!

What kind of cold one? An IPA?

Reactions: bauchjw
Haven’t heard of trooper! But I’ll find some if SMF is representing!

It's a free beer, and at a charity cook-off, no less! As much as I'd appreciate a good beer more than a not-as-good beer, type/brand is far less important than the generosity of the gesture, itself.
Thanks, Jed, would love to check it out, but doubtful I can make it.

Reactions: bauchjw
No worries! Figured I’d offer and see who can make it!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky