Seattle Area newbie!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

greg clauson

Original poster
Jan 2, 2014
Wassup Guys!  newbie here!  Seattle Area, I have a 7-1 Cabellas smoker.  I have used charcoal on my first two smokes, with Hickory, but may try propane also, especially after the Brisket experience yesterday, that was TIRING! here are pictures of my ribs and Brisket, which again, are my first two things i have ever smoked.  Both tasted absolutely awesome, pictures below.  Pork Baby's (5 hrs, stubbs charcoal and hickory chunks) and 8 LB Brisket ( 10 hours stubbs and hickory)

Last edited:
Glad you joined us Greg, :welcome1::welcome1: from North Dakota!
Ribs and brisket look great... very, very nice on the brisket, congrats on a great cook!

Thanks Mossy!  I was VERY excited to see that smoke ring, haha!  I was thinking of trying propane and the wood chunks next time so its less of a hassle, anyone tell me if the taste is that much different than using coal/wood?

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.  Great looking smoke ring on the brisket, ribs look fantastic. Used Stubbs many times, we use a lot of hickory here in East Texas. Brisket (good brisket takes some time and patients, but well worth the effort. 
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Welcome!

You will find plenty of friendly folks with great advice on this forum. Lt the search bar at the top of the page be your new friend.  There are over 1 million post on this forum.  And that a lot of powerful knowledge right at your finger tips. Or just ask! If you have not checked it out already, Give Jeff's 5 day ecourse a try.  It is free and full of great information to make you an even better smoker.

Again Welcome.

Brian 

Hey man, I just joined the forum (I'm in Shoreline, just north of Seattle). Good luck with your smokes.

Thanks everyone!  Hey eplanajr, do you get your meat at DD Meats in Mountlake Terrace?  if you dont, you should, that place is amazing.  

Thanks Gary, will do!

Thanks everyone!  Hey eplanajr, do you get your meat at DD Meats in Mountlake Terrace?  if you dont, you should, that place is amazing.  

Thanks Gary, will do!
No, but I am going to go check that place out. Thanks for the tip.

You won't be sorry you joined this forum, these folks are a wealth of knowledge. I have learned so much I don't even know where to begin. Welcome, WHB

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky