• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Seasonings

cajuncannon

Joined Dec 27, 2016
As a Cajun These are my go-to premade seasonings. Curious about what everyone else uses for seasoning. Premade or made from scratch. I make a rub for my ribs, roast, etc from scratch.

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 4, 2014
Those are good ones! Tony's gets used quite a bit here.

I make my own brisket/rib/butt rub and I use a local seasoning here that's called Money Maker. Not sure how to describe it, but it's amazingly good.

bladeguy

Meat Mopper
Joined Nov 23, 2016
I make my own.....usually I will find a base somewhere online, try it, and modify it. I just like knowing what is in it and what I can change.......I guess I just like to tinker.

cajuncannon

Joined Dec 27, 2016
Those are good ones! Tony's gets used quite a bit here.

I make my own brisket/rib/butt rub and I use a local seasoning here that's called Money Maker. Not sure how to describe it, but it's amazingly good.
Money maker... I like the sound of that lol

cajuncannon

Joined Dec 27, 2016
For my homemade I use salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cumin, black pepper, cayenne, and brown sugar

cajuncannon

Joined Dec 27, 2016
I make my own.....usually I will find a base somewhere online, try it, and modify it. I just like knowing what is in it and what I can change.......I guess I just like to tinker.
That's what I like to do. I try to put my own twist on things

cal1956

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 14, 2015
i also like to tinker with different spices but only  in VERY small portions , i have to know everyone loves it before i use anything  new on a large scale, in the past i have made some god awful tasting things,

so by only trying  very small portions  no one ever knows my screw ups except me ..lol

cajuncannon

Joined Dec 27, 2016
i also like to tinker with different spices but only  in VERY small portions , i have to know everyone loves it before i use anything  new on a large scale, in the past i have made some god awful tasting things,
so by only trying  very small portions  no one ever knows my screw ups except me ..lol
I always run my rubs/spices by my fiancée first. She doesn't have the same tolerance for spice that I do

bladeguy

Meat Mopper
Joined Nov 23, 2016
My tinkering is one thing at a time. So I know what I changed and what worked better and what didn't. I don't want to change five things then wonder what caused the off taste of the five changes.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I have my own rub that I use on almost everything.

But for some things I like Cajun spice.

Al

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.