Seasonings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Those are good ones! Tony's gets used quite a bit here.

I make my own brisket/rib/butt rub and I use a local seasoning here that's called Money Maker. Not sure how to describe it, but it's amazingly good.

I make my own.....usually I will find a base somewhere online, try it, and modify it. I just like knowing what is in it and what I can change.......I guess I just like to tinker.

Reactions: cajuncannon
For my homemade I use salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cumin, black pepper, cayenne, and brown sugar

I make my own.....usually I will find a base somewhere online, try it, and modify it. I just like knowing what is in it and what I can change.......I guess I just like to tinker.

That's what I like to do. I try to put my own twist on things

i also like to tinker with different spices but only  in VERY small portions , i have to know everyone loves it before i use anything  new on a large scale, in the past i have made some god awful tasting things,

so by only trying  very small portions  no one ever knows my screw ups except me ..lol

i also like to tinker with different spices but only  in VERY small portions , i have to know everyone loves it before i use anything  new on a large scale, in the past i have made some god awful tasting things,
so by only trying  very small portions  no one ever knows my screw ups except me ..lol

I always run my rubs/spices by my fiancée first. She doesn't have the same tolerance for spice that I do

My tinkering is one thing at a time. So I know what I changed and what worked better and what didn't. I don't want to change five things then wonder what caused the off taste of the five changes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky