Seasoning 30” Dyna-glo electric smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

frankd78

Original poster
Jan 3, 2023
So I recently bought a 30” Dyna-glo Bluetooth electric smoker. I read the manual about how to season it. So I added my wood chips to the bottom, set a timer for 2 hours, and temp to 275. everything was going good and then 30 mins into it, it was like it built up to much pressure inside and all of a sudden it blew smoke out the seal of the doors for about 10 seconds, few mins goes by and it does it again and then my smoke turns dark brown and stinks real bad and the it blows smoke out the seal of the door again so I stopped it cause I didn’t think it was suppose to do that. It was like there was an accelerant added to it. I was using wood chips like it said to as well. Anyone else have this issue or know what this might have been caused by ???

Too many chips smouldering can produce too much wood gas that ignites, blowing smokers with a side chip loader out of the hole. It can chug like a train and blow smoke rings out the top vent

Okay, I will try less wood chips and see what happens. Thank you.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky