season then freeze

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rc4u

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 4, 2015
while back on triple d tv show I seen a chef that seasoned then froze his items. I did this with a rack of ribs and some chops and other pork I cut from a bulk purchase from sams. $1.43 a pound. I used jeffs rub for the ribs and some other steaks. I used other seasoning for some of the other items. some just plain.. then I used my vac sealer and then froze 20190323_192626.jpg 20190323_192556.jpg them. IT turns out great. and seasoning seems to go deep with the vacuum sealer. has anyone else tried this?? or is it old news??
oh I also bought a case of pork butt or shoulder as some call it. at $1.12 a pound jeff

Last edited:
i've done it with liquid marinades but not with dry seaonings doing this with liquid marinades works great don't see why it wouldn't work with the dry seasonings

I do it all the time with various cuts of chicken, pork and beef.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky