sealant for new smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

memphisbrian

Original poster
Feb 14, 2020
I just assembled a wide-body DynaGlo offset smoker, and I'm trying to figure out what sealant I should use.

I figure I may need to seal up the outside of the firebox and smoke chamber, as well as the connection point of those two.

Here's my two-part question: can I use the same sealant on both of those? And if so, what do you recommend?

I've seen people mention LavaLock, Rutland, Sil-Bond and more. And I know there are varying temperatures at which these sealants are rated. I've seen that people use everything from food-grade to automotive sealants.
I'm hoping to go the store this weekend and buy something - I just haven't figured out what yet, so any advice is welcome.

Thanks!
Brian

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky