Seafood fra diavolo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

binnesman

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 23, 2021
Made this for dinner last night. It turned out amazing. Mixed it in a bowl and poured on the plate wish I could have taken the plate picture from the bottom because that’s were all the seafood was. If was Shrimp, lobster tails, calamari, scallops on the seafood plate, and clams mussels on the other plate.
I sautéed the shrimp for a min to give them a nice sear. Took them out of the pot added shallot garlic and sautéed in olive oil for a few minutes. Add pepper flakes about a tablespoon for me like it spicy. I then added a tablespoon of tomato paste and sautéed for a few more minutes, then hit it with a heavy cup of white wine. I cooked the wine down almost all they way and then added two large cans of san marzano tomatoes peeled plum and fresh thyme and oregano and a half cup of tomato sauce salt and pepper and about a teaspoon sugar. I cooked it down till the tomatoes had the texture of oatmeal. At this point I added a cup of chicken stock and simmered it for a total of about 2 hrs. Added all the seafood and fresh parsley and fresh basil turned up the heat and cooked till clams and mussels opened. It should be more like a broth almost like a bouillabaisse.

Attachments

• A0999850-9BB5-42ED-B0F5-343E3A30E7CC.jpeg
    A0999850-9BB5-42ED-B0F5-343E3A30E7CC.jpeg
    187.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 2C1332B6-4967-47FA-9014-0604CCDB1B07.jpeg
    2C1332B6-4967-47FA-9014-0604CCDB1B07.jpeg
    178.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 3C14454F-5C0B-4CD6-AAB6-D535E7CE5A3E.jpeg
    3C14454F-5C0B-4CD6-AAB6-D535E7CE5A3E.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 382A1BAE-FDA8-42B3-B883-581AA92631A1.jpeg
    382A1BAE-FDA8-42B3-B883-581AA92631A1.jpeg
    145.5 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Made this for dinner last night. It turned out amazing. Mixed it in a bowl and poured on the plate wish I could have taken the plate picture from the bottom because that’s were all the seafood was. If was Shrimp, lobster tails, calamari, scallops on the seafood plate, and clams mussels on the other plate.
I sautéed the shrimp for a min to give them a nice sear. Took them out of the pot added shallot garlic and sautéed in olive oil for a few minutes. Add pepper flakes about a tablespoon for me like it spicy. I then added a tablespoon of tomato paste and sautéed for a few more minutes, then hit it with a heavy cup of white wine. I cooked the wine down almost all they way and then added two large cans of san marzano tomatoes peeled plum and fresh thyme and oregano and a half cup of tomato sauce salt and pepper and about a teaspoon sugar. I cooked it down till the tomatoes had the texture of oatmeal. At this point I added a cup of chicken stock and simmered it for a total of about 2 hrs. Added all the seafood and fresh parsley and fresh basil turned up the heat and cooked till clams and mussels opened. It should be more like a broth almost like a bouillabaisse.
That all looks killer bro!!!

Looks great. I need to make a batch to serve over Linguine...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky