• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Seafood fra diavolo

binnesman

Smoke Blower
SMF Premier Member
Joined May 23, 2021
Made this for dinner last night. It turned out amazing. Mixed it in a bowl and poured on the plate wish I could have taken the plate picture from the bottom because that’s were all the seafood was. If was Shrimp, lobster tails, calamari, scallops on the seafood plate, and clams mussels on the other plate.
I sautéed the shrimp for a min to give them a nice sear. Took them out of the pot added shallot garlic and sautéed in olive oil for a few minutes. Add pepper flakes about a tablespoon for me like it spicy. I then added a tablespoon of tomato paste and sautéed for a few more minutes, then hit it with a heavy cup of white wine. I cooked the wine down almost all they way and then added two large cans of san marzano tomatoes peeled plum and fresh thyme and oregano and a half cup of tomato sauce salt and pepper and about a teaspoon sugar. I cooked it down till the tomatoes had the texture of oatmeal. At this point I added a cup of chicken stock and simmered it for a total of about 2 hrs. Added all the seafood and fresh parsley and fresh basil turned up the heat and cooked till clams and mussels opened. It should be more like a broth almost like a bouillabaisse.

Attachments

Last edited:

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Now that looks really good to me!
I like all the ingredients & the dish looks delicious!
Al

SmokinEdge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jan 18, 2020
This looks very delicious!

912smoker

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 29, 2020
I'm not much for clams but that sure looks great ! And congrats on the ride !!

forktender

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 10, 2008
Made this for dinner last night. It turned out amazing. Mixed it in a bowl and poured on the plate wish I could have taken the plate picture from the bottom because that’s were all the seafood was. If was Shrimp, lobster tails, calamari, scallops on the seafood plate, and clams mussels on the other plate.
I sautéed the shrimp for a min to give them a nice sear. Took them out of the pot added shallot garlic and sautéed in olive oil for a few minutes. Add pepper flakes about a tablespoon for me like it spicy. I then added a tablespoon of tomato paste and sautéed for a few more minutes, then hit it with a heavy cup of white wine. I cooked the wine down almost all they way and then added two large cans of san marzano tomatoes peeled plum and fresh thyme and oregano and a half cup of tomato sauce salt and pepper and about a teaspoon sugar. I cooked it down till the tomatoes had the texture of oatmeal. At this point I added a cup of chicken stock and simmered it for a total of about 2 hrs. Added all the seafood and fresh parsley and fresh basil turned up the heat and cooked till clams and mussels opened. It should be more like a broth almost like a bouillabaisse.
That all looks killer bro!!!

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Good stuff! Love everything about it.

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Looks great. I need to make a batch to serve over Linguine...JJ

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
that look amazing! very nice work!

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
WOW, just WOW!!!! It's been years since I ate anything even approaching that meal. Very nice job.
Gary

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
All I can say is JUST AWESOME my kind of seafood meal. When's the party for another cook like that?

Warren

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.