Sea Trout

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Guy in resort gave me 4 sea trout fillets.

I dont bbq too much fish.

IMG_4489.JPG

Sea Trout is mighty fine eating fish. Best oven baked rather than smoked. Its not a fatty fish.
We just caught a mess of Spanish Mackerel, had a few fillets for dinner and the rest are in the smoker.
Enjoy!

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
That a nice bunch of fish. Blacken my favorite. I just give fish a nice coat of Blacken seasoning. I start pan medium hot than when about 375 put a Tablespoon or so of Coconut Oil or oil of your choice in pan. I don't get as hot as most people. Put fish in and turn down to about medium. Fry until about 145. Does not hurt to turn fish over couple times.

Oh man. Great eating. I catch em year round here in FL. Soak in lemon juice for 10 mins, dredge in seasoned flour, then in eggs, then in a mix of crushed saltines and Parmesan. Pan fry it up for the best fish you’ll ever eat.

Reactions: indaswamp
That a nice bunch of fish. Blacken my favorite. I just give fish a nice coat of Blacken seasoning. I start pan medium hot than when about 375 put a Tablespoon or so of Coconut Oil or oil of your choice in pan. I don't get as hot as most people. Put fish in and turn down to about medium. Fry until about 145. Does not hurt to turn fish over couple times.
Key to blackening is first dipping your filets in melted butter. Then hit with seasoning and straight on the cast iron

Reactions: HalfSmoked
Key to blackening is first dipping your filets in melted butter. Then hit with seasoning and straight on the cast iron
That way seemed to smoke a lot. I started just seasoning without any oil or butter on fish and they turn out good, maybe not exactly blackened but real moist and tasty. I don't have an exhaust vent.

20190904_164446.jpg

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky