• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Scored a Free load of Applewood w/ Qview

pintobean

Smoke Blower
Joined Oct 1, 2010
Looks like I'm going to be doing some splitting in my near future. Can't complain though, as I got it free from a coworker trying to get rid of it. She happened upon it free as well from a woman who didn't want to pay a tree company to haul it away. My coworkers husband is a craftsman, and he was making wooden bowls out of this, but had way too much, so they gave me a bunch.

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b178/BrandoB2003/?action=view¤t=utf-8BSU1BRzA5MDIuanBn.jpg

ak1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 23, 2010
Nice!

I got a bunch several months ago from a lady who wanted her tree chopped down. A buddy of mine did the cutting, then called me to get the wood.

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Now thats a really nice haul for the smoker. Now I would like to have some of those wooden bowls too.

dale5351

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 20, 2010
I can say from experience in years gone by that apple wood makes a good hot firewood -- but other uses should come first (smoking, carpentry).

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.