Schichtfleisch

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well that’s just cool and declious looking!! I now have to buy a Dutch oven. Honestly didn’t realize you could cook with one like this.

WOW! Talk about a quick way to get Pulled Pork. No Bark, but all the flavor. Would just need some Smoke Powder in the rub. Very cool!...JJ

Now that looks good! Wished it wasn't winter...would make that sooner than later

Ryan

I think you could do a chuck roast too, just saying! Or a mixture oh the possibilities
Don't get me wrong, the pork looks absolutely delicious.That said, I think your on to something with a chuck.Onions as with the pork and tuck in an oxtail here and there.Dinner with an excellent French onion soup stock.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Thinking about the procedure, Searing and cooling the meat slices before adding the Rub, would add A LOT of flavor...JJ

Reactions: chilerelleno
OK, I think I'm gonna try this when Butts go on sale.
First one with just onions/Leeks for the winter and the second recipe with eggplant and veggies for the fall.

Half the butt, sear top and bottom, then slice?

Pineapple slices with the onion?
Just my mind racing.

OK, I think I'm gonna try this when Butts go on sale.
First one with just onions/Leeks for the winter and the second recipe with eggplant and veggies for the fall.

Half the butt, sear top and bottom, then slice?

Pineapple slices with the onion?
Just my mind racing.

I've been looking at roasts (beef) and have been thinking I will do a chuck with onions and bell peppers. Or maybe with pepperoncini, au jus and ranch like a Mississippi roast.

Reactions: chilerelleno
Y'all are getting me worked up.
And you Case, you just sealed the deal with the last suggestion.
Add in some Herdez Tomatillo Verde cooking sauce for liquid.
Maybe a few cans of hominy and make into something similar to a Pozole.

We have Cold weather camp planned for the 17th. This is on the menu and it is going to be more along the lines of green chili.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky