Schezuan pork.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
After seeing Robert tx smoker tx smoker Asian dish I knew I needed to break out the wok. A wok I haven't seen in about 5 years. We packed just about everything in the kitchen when I started the gut. And remodel of the kitchen. After almost 2 hours. I finally found the darned thing!
This is the best wok I've owned. It's heavy. But the CI keeps a nice even temp.
IMG_20230114_140451732_HDR.jpg

Lodge 12.5"CI wok.

P1140171.JPG

Got the rice going.
Spices:
2 tsp roasted sesame oil.
3 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs oyster sauce
1 tsp garlic/chili sauce
1 TBS brown sugar
1/4 cup sliced length wise green onion. The thick portion near the bulb.
Handful of green onion
Small bulb of ginger minced
3 cloves garlic minced.
3 large eggs.
2 packs of readymade rice in packets.

P1140172.JPG

Put in bowl. And placed in oven to keep warm.
For the pork. I used Wegmans brand Schezuan sauce. For me. It has the right blend of flavor and heat.

P1140173.JPG

1.5 Pounds of pork. I used pork chops so there was some fat.

P1140177.JPG

Cooked the pork with a TBS of sesame oil to 145 IT. And added:
2 cans straw mushrooms drained and rinsed.
1 small can drained and rinsed diced water chestnuts.
Green onions. Didn't measure.
1 bottle of Schezuan sauce.

P1140178.JPG

Delicious meal with the right hit of heat and flavor.

Last edited:
Most excellent looking plate Steve. Restaurant quality.

Point for sure
Chris

Yes sir!! That definitely looks great! And that wok, I didn't know that Lodge made them. That thing has got to Weigh a ton...

Yes sir!! That definitely looks great! And that wok, I didn't know that Lodge made them. That thing has got to Weigh a ton...
Thanks Charles! Yeah, it is a tad heavy just under 10 pounds.

Mmm! I would take a plate of that. Robert got me hungry for Asian also. Have some hunan beef planned.
Thanks Brian! Hunan beef is also very good.

That wok is one serious piece of equipment buddy and that is one seriously fantastic looking meal. Beautiful job my friend.

Robert

Oh that looks fantastic and that Wegman’s szechuan sauce is good stuff!

That’s a pretty serious wok you got there! That would crack my glass cooktop for sure! Maybe I should convert to gas before they ban them :emoji_laughing:

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
Oh that looks fantastic and that Wegman’s szechuan sauce is good stuff!

That’s a pretty serious wok you got there! That would crack my glass cooktop for sure! Maybe I should convert to gas before they ban them :emoji_laughing:
Thank you Joe! I don't think I'd use that on a glass cooktop!

Looks real good to me! I may just have to try one of those cast iron woks. I've always used a $9 carbon steel one from a restaurant supply store....
I do have a glass top, but I would honestly be surprised if you could hurt it short of really banging that pan around.... I've used a heavy Le Cruset dutch oven for years without issue

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky