Sausage Vac Bags?

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by maxiesdad, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Does anyone know of a source for Foodsaver type vac bags that are sized for summer sausage?

2. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

3. whistech

whistech Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Vacuum Sealers Unlimited bags work great and are much cheaper than the Food Saver Brand.    I have used hundreds of bags from Vacuum Sealers Unlimited and have never had a failure.     You can buy the rolls and make your bags as long as you want.     

4. alan123

alan123 Fire Starter

I get the food saver bags on Amazon, 44 pack of quart size, they work for most all my needs. Although I like the rolls to make my own size also.

Some good suggestions so far, I will be looking into less expensive options.

5. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

This where I buy my bags too. Lisa posts a discount code every month. Also if you have any questions a quick call to her and your set.

6. driedstick

driedstick Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

yep vacuum sealers unlimited also here,,,getting ready to make another order,,,actually I think they are having a big blow out sale right now,,,,depends on the size of your summer sausage, quarts or gal. will probably work best,, pints may be too small unless you slice s/s first and put it in. 

Good luck and let us know 

A full smoker is a happy smoker 

DS