Sausage Recipe suggestions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ifitsdeadsmokeit

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 9, 2010
Hollister Missouri
I'm making some chicken mango jalapeno sausage this weekend from the recipe i got from here (thanks Fishawn) this weekend and will have a little extra chicken and wanted to try something different that I havent seen.  I was thinking about a Buffalo Bleu Chicken sausage.  Like some input on the recipe that I came up with so far...

5 lbs chicken thighs ground

1 T garlic powder

1 T salt

1 T Red pepper flakes

1/2 c Bleu cheese crumbles

1/2 c Franks hot sauce

1/4 c Jalapenos chopped

1/2 c Non Fat Milk Powder

1/4 cup cold water

natural hog casings

I'm making some chicken mango jalapeno sausage this weekend from the recipe i got from here (thanks Fishawn) this weekend and will have a little extra chicken and wanted to try something different that I havent seen.  I was thinking about a Buffalo Bleu Chicken sausage.  Like some input on the recipe that I came up with so far...

5 lbs chicken thighs ground

1 T garlic powder

1 T salt

1 T Red pepper flakes

1/2 c Bleu cheese crumbles

1/2 c Franks hot sauce

1/4 c Jalapenos chopped

1/2 c Non Fat Milk Powder

1/4 cup cold water

natural hog casings
Hey Chris

You are going to love the Chicken Mango sausage. One of the things we do with it is to take some of it and make it into patties and cook it up like a burger. Throw it on a roll with some Chipotle mayo and some lettuce and tomato...MMMM Good

The recipe above looks good too. Let us know how it turns out

that sounds really good.  I was thinking to wrap it around a cube of cheese into a meatball and grill it...put a nice brown gravy on top....

icon_cool.gif

Now I like the chicken sausage sounds great to me and then if you use it in some chicken moink balls woould be reaally good. So give it a shot and  please don't forget the Q-view.

There is a fairly decent buffalo chicken sausage recipe that incorporates bleu cheese here already if you want to compare your thoughts to the posted recipe. The one posted is pretty good.

The only change I would make to your recipe is incorporate 25% bacon into it for fat content.

Last edited:
I usually save a bit of clear bacon drippings for doing fried squash. Would a drop of this work or should I surrender to full flavored bacon? 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky