Sausage Hanging

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jonrstone

Original poster
Jul 12, 2020
I feel like a complete and total idiot that I have to ask but does anyone use the Masterbuilt Sausage Hanger with a Masterbuilt Electric Smoker? I can't figure out how this little thing attaches to any part of the rack or rails to hang sausage. It seems simple but it just doesn't fit anywhere I can see. It looks like the attached image.

Attachments

• sausageHanger.jpg
    sausageHanger.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 130
I'm not familiar with that hanger but if it doesnt replace the top rack in the smoker could you lay it on top of the top rack for support with the hooks facing down

I'm not familiar with that hanger but if it doesnt replace the top rack in the smoker could you lay it on top of the top rack for support with the hooks facing down
That was my thought. Here is a picture of why I'm so confused. The hooks don't fit through the grate and this attachment is maybe a quarter the size of the smoker width.

Attachments

• 20200712_183944.jpg
    20200712_183944.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 131
  • Wow
Reactions: fullborebbq
You will find wood dowels, with a flat spot on the ends, lay nicely across the top of the rack frames. There are lots of ideas if you search MES Mods...JJ

I am sorry I have no idea I’ve never used a smoker like that but still wanted to welcome you to SMF. Make sure you share some pics when you figure it out.
happy smoking!

Attach it from underneath that top rack with baling wire
Great idea. I know that will work. I was hoping it would attach to their product without any extra items. Oh well. At least I can get the lines off my smoked sausages.

Reactions: TNJAKE
I agree with the rack being in the horizontal position, so the hooks are vertical allowing you to hang rings of sausage. I've rigged up some pretty odd contraptions to smoke sausage, so think outside the box.
F3dJKNa.jpg

Did it come with the smoker or was it bought after the fact ??

As others said... ether wire it to the bottom of grate or get wood dowels (oak) cut to length to fit across and set it on top of the dowels

I use a dowel to hang my sausages. That sausage hanger that came with my Masterbuilt, I use it for laying the a-maze-n tube smoker on it. I put it in the bottom corner, the hanger helps keep the tube off the bottom and lets the air flow around it.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
It's is quite small for a Sausage Hanger. It would be fine for snack sticks but 38-40mm Rings of Kielbasa would be touching...JJ

turn the rack 90 degrees from where you show it in your pic, so the hooks run in the same direction as the bars of the grate.
That did the trick! Man I feel like a dummy!!! Thank you everyone for a warm welcome. I'm definitely going to consider a dowel system. Cheap and easy.

This was a Christmas gift from my mother in law so I wanted to see what these could do.

I use dowels but your rake should work fine. Good luck and lets see some sausage pic's when you're done.

I use dowels but your rake should work fine. Good luck and lets see some sausage pic's when you're done.
So it worked great. I didn't have enough space for all the sausages. Next stop for this is jambalaya.

I'll buy some dowles for next time though. That will buy me lots more space I think.

Attachments

• 20200714_162833.jpg
    20200714_162833.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 73
I want to give credit and thanks to tropics tropics for this mod. It works great.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky