Sauerkraut recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

WaterRat

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Feb 14, 2018
Hamden, CT
Hey All! Looking to make some sauerkraut. With St. Pattys right around the corner Stop n Slop has cabbage for 17cents/lb, I have all the equipment (from my failed jalapeno ferment last fall) just looking for a decent recipe. I like kraut with a little bite, not mush, and a robust flavor. I realize it’s just 99% cabbage and salt but it’s the little things that make the difference 😉

Reactions: JLeonard
I’m assuming you have a crock? I run mine from 1.5-20% salt. I lace the cabbage with garlic, onion, jalapeño, sometimes carrots and or radishes. I also mix red and green cabbage, that’s more of a presentation thing, but it’s absolutely delicious.

I’m assuming you have a crock? I run mine from 1.5-20% salt. I lace the cabbage with garlic, onion, jalapeño, sometimes carrots and or radishes. I also mix red and green cabbage, that’s more of a presentation thing, but it’s absolutely delicious.
I have 1/2 gallon mason jars, 6 of em so Im willing to mix it up a bit

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky