Ferment? In casings or pan?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Timber II

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 15, 2023
Swamp east Missouri
Ok guys - taking a long weekend off from duck hunting and gonna make a deer SS batch with fermento. It’s the steve rinella MeatEater recipe I used before.

I’m packing these in brat size natural casings (that I rinsed for weeks and are silky smooth)

Question is after I mix and double grind and add fermento, should I stuff and hang in fridge for 2 days to ferment? OR should I ferment in pan 2 days and then stuff and smoke?

Thanks in advance. I’m looking forward to this - will be the first smoke since you guys helped me with so much! Have foot pedal for grinder, have a smoke tube and the PID is ready to go. Did I mention the silky smooth casings……
Timber

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky