Saturday Tri-Tip with Qview (Or Tip and Chips)

Discussion in 'Beef' started by wlkwichita, Oct 9, 2010.

1. I have been out of town for a week, and was hankering for some good Q upon my return. I was too busy today for a long smoke so I did a 2.6 lb Tri-Tip. I applied a bit of garlic salt, onion powder, fresh cracked pepper, and a dash of Dale's Seasoning. I smoked it at 230 over pecan until internal was 135F. I then popped it on a hot grill for about 30 seconds each side. Still nice and pink with LOTS of juice. I also mad a batch of homemade tater chips, per my boys request. All in all, a fine dinner to enjoy after finally getting home!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mballi3011 likes this.
  2. deannc

deannc Master of the Pit

The tip and chips look delicious!  Glad you were able to get home and get you a fix! haha  [​IMG]

Thanks for sharing the Qview! 

3. Tip and Chips, I like that Dean!!!

4. forluvofsmoke

forluvofsmoke Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome home, and back to smokin'!

I haven't smoked a tip just yet, but your slices show some nice grains with some light marbling, sort of like what a brisket point would look like, only being nice and pink instead of well done. Hmm, yea, I think I could see myself eating some tri-tip, as I'm a med-med/rare steak lover.

Man, and to think they had a couple tips at Sam's a few weeks back when we were on a day trip to stock up, and I even grabbed a couple and looked 'em over, opting for a 10lb sirloin tip and a couple 5lb bottom rounds instead.

I'll be looking a little closer at the tip next trip I make, 'cause that looks like some damn fine eating beef in my eyes! I need some shorter smokes to do as well, instead of the typical brisket, pulled pork, etc.

Thanks for sharing your dinner!

Eric

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  5. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Now both parts of your dinner were pretty impressive. I really like he chips and the tip looked quite yummO too.[​IMG]

6. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

looks good and bet tasted even better