Saturday Packer w/qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 1, 2008
Florida
So a bit ago I got a new big block GOSM. Before I couldn't do a whole packer because of the small smoker. I picked up a 12.54lb packer to do in the new smoker. Gave it a good coating of rub then into the smoker using Hickory and Pecan. Smoker held strong at 226.
Fired the smoker up at 9pm Friday night. I checked it every 2.5-3 hours. Mopped with Apple Juice.

Here it is at 3am.

http://photobucket.com

Hit a stall at 165 and temps dropped to 156.

Foiled it at 170 at 2 pm. Pulled it at 186 at 3:30pm. Rested in the cooler for 2 hrs til dinner. Also made some bbq burnt ends and beans.  Didnt get a pic of the brisket freshly sliced but did get some of the few pieces left. 
Had a great day. Had company over and it was a beautiful day with BBQ.

Last edited:
Reactions: meateater
Looks great
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Congrats Brian, you started out with a nice cut and ended up with some great Q. Congrats on the new GOSM big block too.

Thanks everyone. It sure was mighty tasty. It was also nice having the room to put the whole thing in there instead of having to separate the point and flat.

cool.gif

Yes you did a great job on that brisket. It looks yumO.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky