Saturday nights ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

retread

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Aug 9, 2009
Methuen, MA
Earlier, this thread asked if anyone was smoking anything this weekend.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/fo...dy-for-the-weekend-anyone-smoking#post_594880

I responded that I had pulled a rack of ribs out of the freezer on Wednesday night.

Here it is:

f8228a21_DSC_0003a.jpg

Always before I have cut them St Louis style.  This time I decided only to take off the flap and the membrane.

Here's the other side (with my rub and "applicator" at the top right)

c065daaf_DSC_0005a.jpg

Fully rubbed (just rub, no mustard) and ready to be wrapped and rest in the fridge:

4e65d325_DSC_0006a.jpg

Ran it 3-2-1 in the GOSM big block with hickory.  Temp control was more difficult that usual.  It bounced from 205 to 255 and I couldn't get it stabilized.  Little tweaks made big variations, but the job got done!

0e9ea4c2_DSC_0008a.jpg

and finally:

090af2e5_DSC_0009a.jpg

Served with salad and french fries.  I think I like them better left whole than cut St Louis style.

Thanks for looking

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky