Santa Maria Grill info

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Looking for info on were to buy one and what brand is the best for putting it together myself
TIA Richie

Morning Richie,
I have a Gabby Grill Santa Maria setup for a Weber Kettle. It’s really an economical way to start cooking over a wood fire.
Al

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Well Richie, this is kind of a double edged sword. Several years ago I got an SM grill from this company:

The quality was absolutely outstanding!! Really top notch work and just an amazingly well built grill.

I have a Gabby Grill Santa Maria setup for a Weber Kettle. It’s really an economical way to start cooking over a wood fire.
Al makes a great point here. Having a dedicated SM grill is somewhat overkill as I found out. You use the heck out of it in the beginning just because it's new but then it sits idle the majority of the time. Going the route that Al mentioned is a much more efficient way to go as you'll have one grill that serves multiple purposes. Additionally, it's far less expensive. The Sunterra units, although outstanding quality, come with a commensurate price tag. Just curious, how big a grill are you looking for? If you're only looking to feed 6-8 people, maybe you and I could talk about building one. If you're planning to host large parties, shipping would be cost prohibitive if I were to build you one. Just kinda thinking out loud here....

Robert

Hey Richie, Robert has been pounding out some top notch metal fabrications, real high end quality, well worth looking into! RAY

Richie , here's a thread I remember Brian doing awhile back . I also think Dan SmokyMose SmokyMose has a neat setup for live fire cooking .

Found a thread from Dan .

Last edited:
Reactions: TNJAKE
Robert has some good advise if you aren't planning on using it a whole bunch. Our X-Fire Grill is still waiting for its new outdoor kitchen home to be used again, but I miss it BAD! We were actually the opposite of Robert, the X-Fire was replacing everything else. For a middle shelf unit the 30" Sunterra is a very nice grill....for the top shelf.... Gaucho Grill by Kalamazoo Outdoors.... (they start at 28K........). One of Roberts mini's would be very cool to!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky