Salccicia Napolitana drying...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Along with the Modenese, I made 4.9kg. of Napoli. Stuffed into 38-42mm hog casing and stretched out on a grate over a sheet pan so the links ferment straight. I've posted the recipe here before....but I only used 0.5g./Kg. Dextrose this time... I've learned a lot since the last time I made this salame...

Here ya go, ferementing @69*F...
IMG_20221020_170421.jpg

Had a couple blowouts so two short ones. It's all good...I got PLENTY of room now!!! LOL!! These will dry in about a month. Another cold front moving through next week so will cold smoke them then....

Last edited:
Reactions: JC in GB
Went ahead and checked the pH in this salami too, even thought it has only been fermenting 17 hours, the pH has dropped to 5.19. The Sol has gelled and the salami are firm so will now hang @ room temp. to let the casings dry out and start the drying process....

No, though both are sweet woods. You can smell the orange when Orange wood burns.....
I have seen orange wood chips every now and then. Might go look again....see if I can find some.

Well, front rolled through this morning...low tonight is 47*F so time to roll some smoke!
IMG_20221025_213104.jpg

I'm using fruit blend; maple, cherry, apple wood dust...

Last edited:
Reactions: JC in GB
look so good! wish that a person could not only see a picture, but also smell the smoke too!
Thanks tbern! I too wish we had smell o tube!!! LOL!!!
WOW!! That's some good looking sausage right there Keith. Beautiful job buddy!!

Robert
Thanks Robert! half way done drying....another round of smoke tonight.....be done in about 2 weeks....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky