Rubbed a couple of butts last night

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This was taken about 9 hours into the smoke. I had steady temperature rise on both butts till the reached the 180ish mark. I ended up foiling one when it reached 185 since it started to stall on me and left the other to smoke away unwrapped. The foiled butt took about another 45 minutes to reach 205 and was on the smoker for 11 hours. The unwrapped butt kept stalling so I decided to wrap it as well at the 190 mark just to finish things off. It took about 30 more minutes to hit 205 and was on the smoker for about 12 hours.

This was the butt I foiled first that we shredded for dinner.

The bone pulled out nicely so I knew it was going to be pretty tasty

I pulled one of the butts for dinner and left the other intact until tomorrow. Thawed out some hash I had in the freezer that a buddy of mine brings me and made some speckled butter beans to go with the pork. All in all, it was a good smoke but I still prefer charcoal or a wood fired smoker for my pork. The Traeger did a good job, but it was almost too easy. I'm one of those people that like to hover around my smoker and constantly monitor things. Guess I'm weird
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: GaryHibbert
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky