RT Super Smoked Reverse Sear NYs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
Yesterday the wife texts me a pic of some NY’s on sale for 6.99/lb so I leaped with zest and quickly text back a big smiley face......

So tonight they got the special treatment...... seasoned them up with some Kinders master salt and then the went on the RT at 180 deg super smoke for 40 min to take on some smoke.
06B4E3AA-B93C-4252-ABA7-A02D4211A05C.jpeg

Next they went in the Weber’d grill grates for the sear. Man the smoke sure added a nice rich color to them!
00B3FC4D-6D9E-4F83-9B18-839BBB0C188C.jpeg

pulled them after 12 min total time to rest for a few mins......
E29C7DFE-A3AF-47D2-BDBF-F434A2FA3F9D.jpeg

while the NYs were searing I also seared up some baby Bella’s. Seared in classic olive, butter and the Kinders....
1A9950E1-CD72-44E2-B979-FF01B0929813.jpeg

The side is some fresh cauliflower. These were blanched in seasoned water (salt garlic onion) then pan roasted in butter, classic olive, and this time kinders buttery steak house. I use a spoon to baste them with they finish in the pan.....this really infuses the seasonings!!!
3A5F1564-EC7D-479A-85D0-C32F184C453B.jpeg

the final side is some take and bake costco bread my wife cooks at 400def then butter....this stuff is good!
FE87BFAA-FDA5-4920-9DEC-BADFD714CEE1.jpeg

and finally the full plate!
49D5D4D0-A8E2-4D0E-BF4A-B7980615314D.jpeg

The color the reverse sear added took it to the next level! I’m liking the RT Super Smoke!
086FDB76-BEC8-47A7-B930-55935FFF1B68.jpeg

And the money shot!
50D304ED-570F-4265-AD96-D25CA6E000B1.jpeg

now I’m sitting on the couch in a meat coma!!!!

That looks insane!

Got some strips in the freezer. Think I'm going to doing the same thing.

Wow, i an so jealous, they look so good. Hope the meat coma come with a glass of your favorite adult beverage.
Thanks! Yes the meat coma was fully complete with fav beverage!

Nice! Those look perfect! Great meal right there and a well deserved meat coma!!!!
Many thanks! It's been a while so I was really focused on the the timing and all!

Looks fantastic. What grill are you using?
Thanks Sven. They were smoked on a RT 1250, then seared on a 18 year old Weber Genesis Gold (on its 3rd rebuild) that has a full set of grill grates

Those look incredible!
Thanks Brian, sure help with the start of the week!

That is a great looking plate up CS. The coma is completely understandable.
Many thanks one eyed!

Yum
Strip loin is my preferred cut of beef
Thanks, A mid rare NY is a happy pill!

Sure looks good . Nice work .
Thanks Chop! Its been a while since I have done a reverse sear, but now I know why its a yummy thing to do!

That looks insane!

Got some strips in the freezer. Think I'm going to doing the same thing.
Thanks and It's a nice way to make things better for sure!

Those are cooked perfectly !!
Much appreciation Jax! I was very happy with the final product and the color was just rich....Not much talking at the dinner table......

Looks like you made the.most of that sale !
Cooked to perfection and a beautiful plate

Keith
Thanks Keith! Its nice when a NY is less than a mcy'ds burger!

Looks like perfection. That would toss me in a coma for a couple hrs also :emoji_relaxed:
Thanks winter! Perfect way to settle in for an evening for sure!

KILLER! Man I so want some of that!
There are left overs....... It will become the boys lunch in cheap noodles.....LOL

That last picture is speaking to me, cooked perfectly!!
yea you can see how juicy it was......I normally need a sauce but this one didn't need anything!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky