Rotisserie Venison Backstrap

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Winterrider

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 29, 2018
North Dakota
Thought I would try spinning half a backstrap in the 360.
Coated with EVOO and SPOG
20200406_151714.jpg

Checking for balance ( still does the flop a little ) but gave it a ride.
20200406_151918.jpg

Set on roast 375° for 40 mins.
Checked at 35 mins and was already past my liking 148° ( dang it ).
Foiled with some butter , b.sugar, and a little ginger ale to help retain some moisture.
20200406_161059.jpg

After 20 min rest, sliced and did find some moisture yet.
20200406_165918.jpg

1st nights meal
20200406_170343.jpg

2nd night, sliced thin , mozzarella cheese on a steak bun.
20200408_165543.jpg

Home fries and under broiler for a bit. Chow time...
20200408_170311.jpg

Looks fine to me, we have CWD in west Tn now and it will spread all over the state in a few years, my deer hunting will stop when I gets within a county or 2 of me. I will continue to enjoy gods gift as long as I can.

Looks good. I do not know anything about the air fryers but it seems like a lot of the guys are using them. Might have to look into one of these.

Man that is two nights of fine eating!! I love venison although I’ve never taken up hunting. I believe this winter I will.

Nice cook . Looks good to me .
Checked at 35 mins and was already past my liking 148°
Yup , that seems common with spinning in the 360 . The stuff cooks fast , but still moist and tender .
I like the over / under on the forks . Yours are flat , mine are round . Nice work , thanks for posting .

Looks fine to me, we have CWD in west Tn now and it will spread all over the state in a few years, my deer hunting will stop when I gets within a county or 2 of me. I will continue to enjoy gods gift as long as I can.
Thanks for the like. We do have in Western part of the state and they do in Mn. Need to keep an eye on it.
Looks good. I do not know anything about the air fryers but it seems like a lot of the guys are using them. Might have to look into one of these.
Thanks Tony. The 360 is a pretty versatile little appliance.
$145 @ Wal-Mart when I bought.
Man that is two nights of fine eating!! I love venison although I’ve never taken up hunting. I believe this winter I will.
Thank you very much. We do love the venison. Getting tough to get a license in our area.
Nice cook . Looks good to me .

Yup , that seems common with spinning in the 360 . The stuff cooks fast , but still moist and tender .
I like the over / under on the forks . Yours are flat , mine are round . Nice work , thanks for posting .
Thanks chop, I normally try to pull meats 140 - 143° ( wife doesn't care for red ) but wasn't expecting this to climb quite that quick. Lesson learned...
Wow that looks good! Great job!
Thank you , it was a pretty tasty couple of meals.

kruizer kruizer , wbf610 wbf610 , jaxgatorz jaxgatorz , Kevinbthgrouse Kevinbthgrouse and
Thank you guys for the likes. Greatly appreciated.

That Venny Looks Perfect !!
The "French" Fries look Great too.
And Awesome Sammies the next day!!!---Nice Job!!
Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky