Rotisserie Center cut Sirloin .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
Been awhile since I fired up the kettles or lit any wood or charcoal . Had some nice weather this past Saturday , so plan was to spin a nice
Sirloin roast .
Dry brined the roast with Kane's steak seasoning for 48 hours under vacuum . Day of the cook I cut it out of the bag , dried it off and set it on the counter to warm up . No rinse .
Set the fire up with Kingsford and some mesquite chunks .
20230128_125023.jpg
I like to tie the roast over it's length .
20230128_125131.jpg
Used the Air Probe 2 to watch the temps .
The mesquite smells fantastic , but burned up pretty quick
with the lid off .
20230128_125344.jpg
Piled the coals together and added some Hickory along the sides .
20230128_132514.jpg
Coming along pretty quick , and taking some nice color .
The smell of beef dripping on the hot coals and the burning wood
makes me happy I fired up the kettle .

20230128_131829.jpg
20230128_132519.jpg
20230128_133953.jpg

Pulled at 130 and resting on the counter . I'll let it completely
cool , then hold overnight in the fridge . This will be Sundays supper .
20230128_142951.jpg

Next day I had some dough if the fridge that was mixed up a couple days before .
Got it out early so it could come back to room temp .
Used it to makes some dinner rolls . Portioned out and warming up .
20230129_145452.jpg
Nice rise and ready for the oven .
20230129_170258.jpg
Baked off at 350 and brushed with butter out of the oven .
20230129_173925.jpg

Finally time for the first slice .
20230129_172740.jpg

So tender , and great flavor .
20230129_173943.jpg
I put the slices in a Pyrex dish and added a can of Cambell's
French onion soup . No added water . Reheated in the nuker .

Made some mashed potatoes , green beans , and had some jarred
beef gravy .
20230129_181425.jpg

20230129_181502.jpg
Happy I did this Saturday , because Sunday was a high of 25 .
This really hit the spot on a cold day .
Was nice to get back to charcoal and wood too . Thanks for lookin .

Looks beautiful and looks fricken delicious!!!!
Thanks . I think I spun this right around the time you posted the one you did . It's a great way to cook beef .
Perfect dinner on a cool day.
Happy I spun it the day before .
60 one day , then low 20's the next . Ended up with freezing rain yesterday afternoon and multi-car pile ups on the Hwy . Glad I was by the fire watching football .

That roast looks great, but it's those dinner rolls that that I can't stop looking at.
Thanks Lynn .
Those rolls are top shelf . Holding a couple days in the fridge really adds something to them . Appreciate the comments .

Thanks . I think I spun this right around the time you posted the one you did . It's a great way to cook beef .
Even the select bottom round I spun came out great - I am done smoking briskets all the work and voodoo just isn't worth it when rotisserie beef turns out so great!

Reactions: halleoneagain
Wow! That is killer! The kettles are so awesome and you have them down to a “T” beautiful cook, so tasty!!!!

Reactions: chopsaw
Beautiful piece of work there Rich! Spinning a nice hunk of beef over an open kettle can't be beat, that plate screams All American comfort food, love it! RAY

Looks like a great meal
Thanks Jim .
that is one awesome looking meal!!
Appreciate the comment .
Great meal all around Rich.
Thanks Cliff .
Not sure if you have or bought one of the Air probe 2's when we were talking about them . I had trouble with it the first couple times I used it , but it seems to have figured out my wifi . I worked great on the spinner and was within 1 degree of the new Therma pen one I just got .

Cooked perfectly! Looks like a great meal, nice job
Thanks . Yeah I have to hit that " range " that appeases everyone . About 135 is the sweet spot . I can eat it around 125 myself , but this was completely tender . That long dry brine works magic on these . I've gone all the way to 140 and still nice and juicy .
Great looking meal. Betting that made some killer sammichs too!
Jim that was the original plan , but when the weather dropped 40 degrees from the day before I made an adjustment .
Thanks for lookin bud .

Thanks Jim .

Appreciate the comment .

Thanks Cliff .
Not sure if you have or bought one of the Air probe 2's when we were talking about them . I had trouble with it the first couple times I used it , but it seems to have figured out my wifi . I worked great on the spinner and was within 1 degree of the new Therma pen one I just got .
I did get the Tappaque for Xmas, the jury is still out on it. The problem I have at the moment is my smoker is too far away from the house. In the summer when I get a bbq gazebo and can move it near the house it should be better.

Wow! That is killer! The kettles are so awesome and you have them down to a “T” beautiful cook, so tasty!!!!
Thanks . The kettles cook some great food . I got spoiled with the pellet grill . Was nice to be more hands on .
Beautiful piece of work there Rich! Spinning a nice hunk of beef over an open kettle can't be beat,
Thanks Ray . You threads using the spinner inspired me . That sizzle of the drippings and the smell of mesquite is where i's at bud .

So much goodness with this one Rich. I woulda made sandwiches with the rolls and give them a little horsey sauce maybe. Funny on the gravy, was planning to do that for bangers n mash. Nice to know straight is fine was planning on cutting it. You know that white sauce served at schools? Cream of chicken with a little milk.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky