Rotisserie Center cut Sirloin .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man oh man Chop that is pulling at my heartstrings! Its -14 as I type and I'm tempted to jump on a plane for dinner at your house and the warm temps!

Reactions: chopsaw
Comfort food at it's finest!
Thanks Colin . Wish you would keep that nasty weather on your side of the state .
So much goodness with this one Rich
It's a great meal all around . That jar gravy is good . I think it was Heinz savory beef .
I woulda made sandwiches with the rolls and give them a little horsey sauce maybe.
No doubt about that . I have some grated stuff that comes from Collinsville Ill. Horseradish Capital of the world . About 30 seconds on the nose sting / can't see chart .

Yes sir, Rich. Ya nailed another one! Beef looks falling apart juicy and tender!
Thanks Steve . Been doing the multi day dry brine under vacuum . Really tender .
Trade ya for a sniff of that Knob creek .
Great job on that roast.
Thanks . Always appreciate your beef threads .
Man oh man Chop that is pulling at my heartstrings! Its -14 as I type and I'm tempted to jump on a plane for dinner at your house and the warm temps!
You'd have to parachute in . Damn roads were iced over .

That's a plateful of happiness right there Rich! Just doesn't get any better than that!

Ryan

WOW!! What a beautiful roast and a truly stunning meal. Outstanding all the way around Richie!!

Robert

That looks of the charts awesome, Rich! Perfectly cooked all around, amazing color too. Those Rolls are trying to steal the show though. I'm smoking an EOR right now, but in the MES. Been looking for a universal Rotisserie to add to my Chargriller. Dinner similar with Mashed Taters, Brown Gravy, etc. Great job.

Now that's a meal. Add a slice of white bread under the beef and gravy and I'd be in heaven.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: xray and chopsaw
Been awhile since I fired up the kettles or lit any wood or charcoal . Had some nice weather this past Saturday , so plan was to spin a nice
Sirloin roast .
Dry brined the roast with Kane's steak seasoning for 48 hours under vacuum . Day of the cook I cut it out of the bag , dried it off and set it on the counter to warm up . No rinse .
Set the fire up with Kingsford and some mesquite chunks .
View attachment 656338
I like to tie the roast over it's length .
View attachment 656339
Used the Air Probe 2 to watch the temps .
The mesquite smells fantastic , but burned up pretty quick
with the lid off .
View attachment 656341
Piled the coals together and added some Hickory along the sides .
View attachment 656343
Coming along pretty quick , and taking some nice color .
The smell of beef dripping on the hot coals and the burning wood
makes me happy I fired up the kettle .

View attachment 656342
View attachment 656344
View attachment 656345

Pulled at 130 and resting on the counter . I'll let it completely
cool , then hold overnight in the fridge . This will be Sundays supper .
View attachment 656346

Next day I had some dough if the fridge that was mixed up a couple days before .
Got it out early so it could come back to room temp .
Used it to makes some dinner rolls . Portioned out and warming up .
View attachment 656347
Nice rise and ready for the oven .
View attachment 656348
Baked off at 350 and brushed with butter out of the oven .
View attachment 656350

Finally time for the first slice .
View attachment 656349

So tender , and great flavor .
View attachment 656351
I put the slices in a Pyrex dish and added a can of Cambell's
French onion soup . No added water . Reheated in the nuker .

Made some mashed potatoes , green beans , and had some jarred
beef gravy .
View attachment 656353

View attachment 656355
Happy I did this Saturday , because Sunday was a high of 25 .
This really hit the spot on a cold day .
Was nice to get back to charcoal and wood too . Thanks for lookin .
Oh man that looks good.... I want some!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky