Roll ups for dinner.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Dug around the freezer and found a pack of "sizzle" steaks. Not sure of the cut with these. Or if they are any good. But threw them in the cart a month or so ago.

P7111060.jpg

Seasoned with SPG and a touch of accent and meat tenderizer. To combat if they are a little tough.

Sauted onions and mushrooms with spg and a dash of liquid smoke. Cooked down until the onions softened up some.

P7111062.jpg

Ready to stuff. All I had was thick cut bacon. Which made building these a bit of a challenge.

P7111064.jpg

Ready to go! I loaded these into a CI pan. And got the bacon browned up some. Then into a 350 oven.
Ann made up a bean salad. And I got a pack of instant loaded mashed potatoes started. These aren't bad with a touch of doctoring. I added a tbs of butter, 1/4 cup of heavy cream and crumbled bacon to it. There was left over onions and mushrooms. So I added a few pieces of bacon and cooked it further. And put on the taters. This wasn't planned. But man, it was good!
Money shot!

P7111065.jpg

The meat was fine. One piece was a touch chewy. But overall a very good meal. And have a few of the roll ups left for a lunch.

I’d sure eat a couple of those Steve!! Very good stuff. I’d buy those if I saw them too. You could do many things with them.

Looks good on my screen Steve!

Dave
Thanks Dave!

Good idea. Looks tasty
Thank you!

Wow that looks good. Great idea!
Thank you!

Awe to me the cut is great. Nice job Steve.

Warren
Thanks Warren!

I’d sure eat a couple of those Steve!! Very good stuff. I’d buy those if I saw them too. You could do many things with them.
Thanks! Now that I know what they are. I'll be buying them again. Our WalMart stocks them often.

Great looking meal!
Thank you!

Looks tasty steve
Thank you!

Looks real good from here Steve! Very innovative. I don't use instant mashed potatoes often, but your "doctoring" makes me want to try it. Sounds very good and different. Overall sounds and looks delicious. Love spur of the moment meals that turn out this good. Thanks for sharing.

Mike

Looks real good from here Steve! Very innovative. I don't use instant mashed potatoes often, but your "doctoring" makes me want to try it. Sounds very good and different. Overall sounds and looks delicious. Love spur of the moment meals that turn out this good. Thanks for sharing.

Mike

Thanks Mike! We don't usually use instant either. We stocked up though because of this Covid thing.

Now that's what I call a roll up, the heck with them fruit ones! :emoji_laughing: nice job steve

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky