Roast Beef Sandwich on Garlic Focaccia Bread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 1, 2019
The Cowboy State - Wyoming
Like a couple of others, a few days ago I cooked a top round roast and tonight Mrs ~t~ baked a pan of no-knead Focaccia bread which was recommend to me by a member on another BBQ forum. It was easy enough to make I even got to help!
De0vi2q.jpg
It made great roast beef sandwiches. The bread was lightly toasted in the oven, the shaved beef was dipped in hot aujus, and grilled peppers and onions added. Looking down the road, the next batch of bread will have garlic and sun dried tomatoes.
HqjBdKo.jpg

Looks good. I could do without the green things on top. I am not a good bread maker and cant get my wife to do it.

looks great! Can't beat fresh baked bread...had to really make the sandwiches good

Ryan

Nice! We are a Focaccia loving fam here! Just love it when the wife makes it.....but still sans oven so we are missing out!

Reactions: cooter79
You had me right up until the green olives. I'd still gobble it down, I'd just toss those olives into a glass of gin, Like! RAY

Looks awesome! I'll have two please! Oh and I'll take everyone else's olives , Ryder and I can split them ....we love them around here.

Oops.... I forgot to post the LINK to the recipe. Oh, and rest assured.... sometimes those 'green things' do make their way into a martini.

This is a refrigerator rise bread, that does not need kneading (pun intended). You mix the ingredients (we used a 5 quart plastic pail) and put in the beer fridge. I did this loaf for 18 hours in the fridge, next time I'm going to use 24 to 26 hours. At the end of that time you knock down the dough and let it rise on the counter for 4 hours. It truly is easy to make. I tried toast this morning and that was great too.

Reactions: JLeonard
Have you tried baking in your smoker or bbq? A baking stone really helps.
Oh yes I have baked many times (very successfully) in both the copper pot (stick smoker) and pellet. Both do a fine job! Just not my wifes Focaccia, you just don't mess with certain things....

Reactions: mrq
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky