Rich-

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rich-

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 14, 2011
Ocean Shores, Washington
Hello to all.

My name is Richard, I go by Rich. I live in the Pacific Northwest, Tacoma, Wa. to be exact.

I am a retired heavy truck and equipment mechanic, been retired since I was 55 and am now 67 years old.

Just got into meats and smoking toward the end of 2010. I made my smoker out of a retired food warmer from one of the local schools here. The fan quit working so they got rid of it. I installed a barbque Nat Gas Burner near the bottom through the side wall, and I have also left the electric element in tact, I can use either or both at the same time.

My main interst in meats at this time is making pepperoni snack sticks, Beef Jerky and home made breakfast sausage. I will expand my desires as i get better at it.

f39dfaa2_DSC04170.jpg

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

welcome1.gif
 Glad you joined us. You'll find lots of good info and some great recipes here. Have fun and happy smoking

Welcome to SMF. There are a lot of very friendly & knowledgeable folks here to help you. I urge you to sign up for the free E-course. It will give you the basics, & even if you are an experienced smoker you may learn something new. Then start asking questions. Good luck & glad to have you aboard. Don't forget we all love Qview!  

welcome1.gif

Welcome!

Lots of stick and sausage makers here.

Put what interests you in our handy dandy search tool and have fun!!

Craig

Always glad to see another WA smoker!  You'll find and get great answers to any questions or problems you might have here.  Looking forward to seeing some q-view and hearing how your sticks and sausages go!     Cheers!

Welcome Rich. I'm just north of You in BC.

Your smoker sounds like it was an interesting build.

Lots of good advice on here about anything smoking related you can think off.

Roger

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky