Ribs: St. Louis Style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Seemed to be a whole lot of rib talk on the forums lately. So I got to thinking that ribs sound pretty good. That's when I made the trek to the local grocer to see what they had in stock. When I got there all I found were a few St. Louis style and some BBs premarinated. So St. Louis it is.

First things first. Fire up the 26er and SnS:

DSC01828.JPG

Season up the ribs: Just salt and pepper
DSC01827.JPG

The mandatory beer pole shot:
DSC01832.JPG

...and the ribs go on along with two taters. One sweet and one russet.
DSC01831.JPG

A short time in, and the ribs are starting to look good.
DSC01833.JPG

The bend test says they're done.
DSC01836.JPG

Glazed for the wife
DSC01840.JPG

and my plate.
DSC01845.JPG

Thanks for taking a look. They were good.

Chris

Seemed to be a whole lot of rib talk on the forums lately. So I got to thinking that ribs sound pretty good. That's when I made the trek to the local grocer to see what they had in stock. When I got there all I found were a few St. Louis style and some BBs premarinated. So St. Louis it is.

First things first. Fire up the 26er and SnS:

View attachment 501107

Season up the ribs: Just salt and pepper
View attachment 501108

The mandatory beer pole shot:
View attachment 501109

...and the ribs go on along with two taters. One sweet and one russet.
View attachment 501110

A short time in, and the ribs are starting to look good.
View attachment 501111

The bend test says they're done.
View attachment 501112

Glazed for the wife
View attachment 501113

and my plate.
View attachment 501114

Thanks for taking a look. They were good.

Chris

Looks fantastic!

Man , those look good . I was wanting to do some myself , but $58 dollars for a 3 pack of spares ? Nope .
I like the salt and pepper only treatment . Nice cook .

Reactions: kilo charlie
Man , those look good . I was wanting to do some myself , but $58 dollars for a 3 pack of spares ? Nope .

I was surprised at the Walmart pricing... Baby backs and St Louis were over $3 and $4 a pound respectively while the spares were $1.94 ... easy choice there. I don't mind doing a little trimming.

Reactions: 912smoker
Good looking ribs! and grocery prices in general are going up. From milk all the way to high end meats.
Jim

Great looking ribs. I hope you know that you're now required to post the beer pole shot in perpetuity!

Thanks Rich, and for the like. This was a single slab about 16.00 I think - so yea it's getting expensive.
It's only the wife and I so we'll at least get two meals out of it. What pi$$ed me off even more was that I bought a bag of KBB at ACE hardware for 13.00, then found the same bag at the grocer for 8.00. So I bought another.

I was surprised at the Walmart pricing... Baby backs and St Louis were over $3 and $4 a pound respectively while the spares were $1.94 ... easy choice there. I don't mind doing a little trimming.

We only have the mini-version of Walmart here, so the selections are limited. I hardly ever buy any meats from them.

Chris

Those look pretty darn tasty. Nicely done.

Thanks Edge for the kindly words and like.

Good looking ribs! and grocery prices in general are going up. From milk all the way to high end meats.
Jim

Couldn't agree more Jim. At least inflation hasn't hit my PBRs yet. Thanks for the like and compliment also.

Chris

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Suree looks good from my seat

Thank you very much Tag.

Great looking ribs. I hope you know that you're now required to post the beer pole shot in perpetuity!

Appreciate it Kevin, and for the like. The beer pole shot has to be done early on in the smoking process. If I let it go to the end I may miss the pole.

Chris

I’m pretty up to date about beer, but pretty new to smoking.

Beer pole?

Have I missed the boat on an important smoking technique? I probably have a 4x4 that I can plant. How do I use it?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky