RIBS ON THE 1250

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks like you've got er dialed in already!
Great job to both of you !

Keith

Al, Nice ribs and even nicer smoker! Congrats on the new toy!

Thanks fellas, I think this is an old guys smoker. Push a couple of buttons & it smokes your food. But it sure tastes good & I like the fact that Judy wants to get involved!
Al

Thanks fellas, I think this is an old guys smoker. Push a couple of buttons & it smokes your food. But it sure tastes good & I like the fact that Judy wants to get involved!
Al
Bingo! Time is a huge thing and spending less than 30 mins total time to smoke a brisket or 15 minutes to smoke a pork butt or ribs totally changes the dynamic for sure. Its like the SUV of smoking....wind, cold, lack of time....It just deals with it!

Reactions: SmokinAl
Bingo! Time is a huge thing and spending less than 30 mins total time to smoke a brisket or 15 minutes to smoke a pork butt or ribs totally changes the dynamic for sure. Its like the SUV of smoking....wind, cold, lack of time....It just deals with it!

Holy cow I never realized they were that fast. 30 min. total time to cook a brisket, and 15 min. to cook ribs. :emoji_laughing:

Chris

Glad you're enjoying the new pellet grill, and nice to hear Judy is getting into the act.
The smoke flavor is a bit different than with the Lang. It seems to be a sweeter smoke.
Yeah, you're not going to get stick burner flavor out of a pellet grill, but I find it a fair tradeoff for the convenience of not having to babysit a fire. I'll do the stick burner thing when I feel like sitting around the smoker, but most of the time I'm content to fire up the pellet grill and let it do it's thing while I do other things.

Reactions: SmokinAl

Holy cow I never realized they were that fast. 30 min. total time to cook a brisket, and 15 min. to cook ribs. :emoji_laughing:

Chris

Especially at 225°

Glad you're enjoying the new pellet grill, and nice to hear Judy is getting into the act.

Yeah, you're not going to get stick burner flavor out of a pellet grill, but I find it a fair tradeoff for the convenience of not having to babysit a fire. I'll do the stick burner thing when I feel like sitting around the smoker, but most of the time I'm content to fire up the pellet grill and let it do it's thing while I do other things.

Al just a question- did you smoke them from frozen? Just curious.

It’s the new supper roast.....2225 degrees! 😂

Thanks fellas!
masssmoke masssmoke Yes the rack was frozen.
Al

Good looking ribs Al! And Judy! Glad you are both enjoying the new smoker. Al, if Judy starts doing the smoking are you switching to bun making? :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Very nice rack of ribs Al! And congrats on selling the Lang. Though, I bet that was bitter sweet.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky