RIBS ON THE 1250

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
Judy says yesterday AM. Let’s put some ribs on the new grill. Usually she would say “Hey honey how about YOU smoke us some ribs”. See where this is going, she wants to use the RT. So being the nice guy that I am, I showed her step by step how I smoke ribs. Now she wants to make pizza, & a cherry pie on it. I guess I’ll just be teaching her how to smoke stuff, she really never had any interest in it, until I got the RT. This is going to be fun! So we started with a nice rack of BB’s from WF foods. Frozen solid, I prepped them with mustard, S&P, & a small amount of rib rub.

0D72F3D5-F86B-4C80-86CA-F2CCD02D51FD.jpeg

I set the RT on 225 & it took 5 minutes to get there.

3AB81823-71F7-4883-BE27-AE238821B1DE.jpeg

On go the ribs with a pan of beans.

A31A3C1C-BCC9-4381-8300-0BE0D6BCBC98.jpeg

I pulled the ribs out at about 4 hours, the IT was around 170. We sauced them & added a bit of water to the foil & into a 250 degree oven for about 1 hour.

5D1368CA-2E03-437E-A936-1B895859EB9A.jpeg

We munched on the beans while the ribs finished up.

609587A5-751A-413C-82ED-68BBEAFA3F73.jpeg

There is a knock at the door & the Lang is going to a new home.

6AEAA658-89E4-458B-BDF3-AC676C81B99C.jpeg

Out of the foil.

DF9D3550-6419-4C5D-8E38-9170188E44A7.jpeg

5BB708E7-C6FD-48C8-97EB-DFB903BD2282.jpeg

They came out excellent, so I guess Judy will be the rib master around here. :emoji_sunglasses:

F4D1215C-FDB8-4B30-B28B-1EB41F7683C5.jpeg

So I have to say the RT performed flawlessly once again. The smoke flavor is a bit different than with the Lang. It seems to be a sweeter smoke. We have pastrami from the other day, some leftover steak for fajitas, and of course a half rack of ribs. So I guess Judy’s pizza will have to wait a couple of days, but she is already talking about making a pizza tonight. I guess something will go in the freezer, but this is a good problem to have. Still looking for something I don’t like about this smoker!
Thanks for stopping by folks!!
Al

Attachments

• 93BBA31E-CBEC-464A-9EB0-9DB4086D2C1F.jpeg
    93BBA31E-CBEC-464A-9EB0-9DB4086D2C1F.jpeg
    209 KB · Views: 29
Great looking ribs and beans Al! good to see the Lang on its way to a new home and also the wife getting into the Rec Teq. Mine would never get into it. She just likes dinner time after I make the Q

Reactions: SmokinAl
Judy says yesterday AM. Let’s put some ribs on the new grill. Usually she would say “Hey honey how about YOU smoke us some ribs”. See where this is going, she wants to use the RT. So being the nice guy that I am, I showed her step by step how I smoke ribs. Now she wants to make pizza, & a cherry pie on it. I guess I’ll just be teaching her how to smoke stuff, she really never had any interest in it, until I got the RT. This is going to be fun! So we started with a nice rack of BB’s from WF foods. Frozen solid, I prepped them with mustard, S&P, & a small amount of rib rub.

View attachment 630652

I set the RT on 225 & it took 5 minutes to get there.

View attachment 630659

On go the ribs with a pan of beans.

View attachment 630653

I pulled the ribs out at about 4 hours, the IT was around 170. We sauced them & added a bit of water to the foil & into a 250 degree oven for about 1 hour.

View attachment 630655

We munched on the beans while the ribs finished up.

View attachment 630656

There is a knock at the door & the Lang is going to a new home.

View attachment 630657

Out of the foil.

View attachment 630658
View attachment 630660

They came out excellent, so I guess Judy will be the rib master around here. :emoji_sunglasses:

View attachment 630661

So I have to say the RT performed flawlessly once again. The smoke flavor is a bit different than with the Lang. It seems to be a sweeter smoke. We have pastrami from the other day, some leftover steak for fajitas, and of course a half rack of ribs. So I guess Judy’s pizza will have to wait a couple of days, but she is already talking about making a pizza tonight. I guess something will go in the freezer, but this is a good problem to have. Still looking for something I don’t like about this smoker!
Thanks for stopping by folks!!
Al
Looks good Al - glad you’re liking your new toy.

Haha, awesome job Judy! If I get an RT I wonder if my wife will take over so I can chill and keep asking her when they’ll be done🤔

Looks awesome Al, I’m digging your flags too🤙

Very nice to Judy and you! I am going to make another prediction...... you will be buying a LOT more pellets! That sweet smoke is what my wife LOVES!

Nice work " You two "
Hey , what about a Pastrami pizza ?
How yea I would do this! Oh or slice some rib meat off and have a pork rib pizza!!!!!!

Dang you I want pizza now......

Nice work " You two "
Hey , what about a Pastrami pizza ?

I like that!
Al

Your gonna be the beer drinking watching guy if your not careful. She'll be taking over the smoker.
Jim

I like that too!!
Al

Great looking ribs and beans Al! good to see the Lang on its way to a new home and also the wife getting into the Rec Teq. Mine would never get into it. She just likes dinner time after I make the Q

That was Judy too, but not now!
Al
Looks good Al - glad you’re liking your new toy.

Thank you! And yes WE like it!
Al
They look good

Thanks Jim!
Al
Let the wife run wild Al, leftovers are a good problem to have! RAY

I totally agree!
Al
Haha, awesome job Judy! If I get an RT I wonder if my wife will take over so I can chill and keep asking her when they’ll be done🤔

Looks awesome Al, I’m digging your flags too🤙

Thank-you!
Yes I can’t wait to say that!!
That is my neighbors flag, mine is a “Don’t tread on me” flag! :emoji_sunglasses:
Very nice to Judy and you! I am going to make another prediction...... you will be buying a LOT more pellets! That sweet smoke is what my wife LOVES!

How yea I would do this! Oh or slice some rib meat off and have a pork rib pizza!!!!!!

Dang you I want pizza now......

I think your right, I will be buying a lot of pellets. Pork rib pizza sounds darn good too!
Al
That's Great!!
I think Judy's been OJT for a long time!!
She can do it !!

Bear

Thanks John!
I know she can do it, so she can have at it & I’ll help as needed. Gonna be fun!
Al

I bet Judy will have fun with it.
Congrats to the new Lang owner. I'm sure it was kinda sad to see it down the road.

I bet Judy will have fun with it.
Congrats to the new Lang owner. I'm sure it was kinda sad to see it down the road.

You got that right, it was hard to see it go, but in the long run I think this is the way to go. Especially since Judy is interested!
Al
Congrats on the new rig Al! Those ribs look awesome, a job well done by you both!

Thanks Justin!
Al
Haha, that’s my license plate!

:emoji_call_me:

Good job as always , but now it's Judy's turn to shine.

And I'm waiting for the Cherry pie.... one of my favs

David

Thanks David!
I’m waiting for the cherry pie too! I bet it will be in the next couple of days!
Al

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Most excellent looking ribs, and I'm glad the lang found a good home.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky