Ribs on crack & Taco fatty w/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fourthwind

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 12, 2009
Thornton, CO
So here is the background on the ribs on crack.  I have a garlic mayo recipe that we all call "Meat Crack"  It is simply amazing on any meat, so today I decided to try something new.  After trimming to St Louis style,  I slathered the ribs in the "meat crack" and then did a light coating of my Chipotle dust.  Smoked them with the 3-2-1 method with Hickory and Peach wood.  The results were fantastic!  I will no doubt be incorperating this in my future smokes. 

Ribs at 2 hours into the smoke.  Taking on good color!

23c0f48c_DSCI0941.jpg

Hot out of the smoker, and ready to carve up.

547716dd_DSCI0943.jpg

A few sliced up for your drooling pleasure..  These ribs had dang near a 100% smoke penetration, and were awesome all on their own.  A fresh batch of my sauce put them over the top. 

6df9fb78_DSCI0944.jpg

Just to have something on our plates other than bones,  we put together a taco fatty.  We used Jimmy Dean "hot" sausage.  I make a batch of taco meat with ground beef and black beans.  We then top the sausage with the taco meat, Roasted green chili's, and shredded cheese.  And of course it was all wrapped in a bacon weave.  As always this is a group favorite.  Never a left over.

adc97850_DSCI0946.jpg

Thanks for checking out my Q!

WOW!!! Those are maybe the prettiest ribs I've ever seen! and that fatty looks killer!!
Wish I had a shot with a few all sauced up!  They looked comp ready.  Only problem was the platter turned into a pile of chewed up bones before I could even think about it!  Nice thing about this recipe was that the ribs stood on their own, and folks could choose sauce or no sauce.  Only a few even bothered, but the sauce made them over the top in my opinion.  

And what can you say about a fatty..  They taste as good as they look... =)

Those ribs are Crackin', and I like the taco fatty, it could easily become a casserole too. It's all good my friend. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky