Ribs & Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

danbono

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 19, 2012
North New Jersey Paramus
Hi All Smoked on my WSM. Ribs unwrapped at 225 for 4.5 hrs. Brisket was a 2.34 lbs took way to long get done . Wrapped at 170 pump up the temps 275* Pulled after 5.5 hrs could have used another 1 hr.. Kinda of tough didn't pass the pull test.
Enjoy Dan
4ZXJV1z

scroll right 4 more pics. I had to click on my post and click reload for the pics to show?

Last edited:
You answered your own question, it wasn't cooked long enough.
It should be probe tender throught, & sometimes that is at 195 & sometimes it's at 210.
The better grade of meat you can score the more tender & juicy it will be, and the faster it will cook.
If you can get Prime, it is worth every penny. And of course Waygu would be the ultimate.
I'm going to do one Waygu before I kick the bucket!!
Al

Hi Al I'm thinking about getting Fireboard. I know you love yours..Why?
I did read your review.
I tried to send you a PM about Fireboard,guess it didn't go thru
THanks Dan
I realize it wasn't cooked long enough, after slicing. Funny thing it did probe tender

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky