Ribeyes on the New Front Porch

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice lookin ribeyes Bear, had to be real tasty & we really like sugar snap peas also ! Nice meal ! Thumbs Up

Nice lookin ribeyes Bear, had to be real tasty & we really like sugar snap peas also ! Nice meal !
icon14.gif
Thank You Justin!!

Bear

Wow Bear they look great like you I like bone in has better flavor as long as it changed color on the outside its done to me Ms. won't agree but that's the way it is this is not hardee's. Deer steak looking better all the time but I have to depend on son and grandson for that.

Wow Bear they look great like you I like bone in has better flavor as long as it changed color on the outside its done to me Ms. won't agree but that's the way it is this is not hardee's. Deer steak looking better all the time but I have to depend on son and grandson for that.
Thank You!!

Mrs Bear likes Steak done the same amount as I like, but she could do without the smoke, so she's Happy when I only use the Grill for Steaks.

When I Smoke Prime Rib, I give her a center slice, and I trim the outside off of hers for me.
icon_rolleyes.gif

My Son took over the Deer slaying here too.

Bear

Last edited:

Thank You!!

Mrs Bear likes Steak done the same amount as I like, but she could do without the smoke, so she's Happy when I only use the Grill for Steaks.

When I Smoke Prime Rib, I give her a center slice, and I trim the outside off of hers for me.
icon_rolleyes.gif

My Son took over the Deer slaying here too.

Bear
I hear you, about the same around my house, those last steaks I grilled, I asked my wife it she had rather have them smoked, I got the look.  But you just can't hardly beat a good grilled  steak.   Again, nice job John

Gary

I hear you, about the same around my house, those last steaks I grilled, I asked my wife it she had rather have them smoked, I got the look.  But you just can't hardly beat a good grilled  steak.   Again, nice job John

Gary
Thanks Again, Gary!!

Bear

Yip what is it with the women and the smoke? Of course when Ms. and I met she like so well done it was shoe leather if you have to add steak sauce your steak was not cooked right. For a little extra I brush mine with garlic butter just before taking off grill.

Yip what is it with the women and the smoke? Of course when Ms. and I met she like so well done it was shoe leather if you have to add steak sauce your steak was not cooked right. For a little extra I brush mine with garlic butter just before taking off grill.
Mrs Bear Loves Med-Rare Prime Rib & Ribeyes---She'd Just rather not have smoke.

However when we met (Back in 1968) she always ordered Veal Cutlet Parm when we went to a Restaurant.

Good lookin' grub there, Bear.

Ribeyes are the wife's favorite here.

TW
That's Great !!

After those last T-Bones I grilled, Mrs Bear said "No more T-bones!!"  I was hoping she'd say that-----Now I can buy more Ribeyes!!

Here's a good story for you guys;

A couple years ago somebody gave us a Coupon for $30 at "IHOP's".

The few other times we went there, we had Pancakes, but we noticed they had Dinner meals too.

So we took our Coupon there for Supper this time. 

The T-bones looked good on the Menu (Should have known better, as I worked in a Print Shop for 20 years).

We each got the T-Bone, and they were dried up & all Gristle!!!

Now you have to understand---Mrs Bear never complains or bitches to anyone.

So when we paid at the cash register, the guy said the usual, "Thank You---Did you enjoy your meal??"

I wasn't going to say anything, because I knew I should have known better than to get a Steak at a Pancake House.

But-----Mrs Bear replied---"No, That was the worst Steak I've ever had in my whole life!" 

I had already turned around, so I just left it alone----She did my job on that one!!

When we got home, I called my Son & told him what happened.

He said "MOM said that to the Guy???  I can't believe it----Alright Mom!!!"

Now we like to tease her----Whenever we go out to eat, we always tell her to try to behave herself this time!!!

My Son thinks it's a riot!!!

Bear

Last edited:
Good one , that's funny.  After we got married, for years, my wife was the same way, never complained, never wanted to say anything, But WOW, has that changed, she doesn't put up with, bad service, bad food, or rudeness, she beats me to the punch. Now in saying that, she is still the nicest most like-able person you'll meat, but when she has had enough, she has had enough.

Gary

Hey Bear its going to be to wet to do much on the porch this weekend.
The rain is fine as long as it's not a blowing rain.

However it looks like it's going to be too windy. Without having to set up some wind block, it'll suck the heat right out of my smoker.  No Smoking for me this weekend!!
th_crybaby2.gif

Good Luck on that Eastern Shore!! Batten down the Hatches!!

Bear

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky