Ribeye (Still #1)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Ribeye (Still #1)

I love Tenderloin, Chuckies, Brisket, Ground Beef, and any other cut of Beef, but #1 always was & always Will Be The Ribeye Steak (AKA Prime Rib).

So we have to set everything else aside at certain intervals, and just throw a Ribeye or a Rib Steak on the Grill.

It seems the older we get the cheaper it is to eat, because it doesn’t take as much to fill up as it used to.
Many years ago, I used to eat mine & then help Mrs Bear with the second half of her Ribeye.
Then after a few more years, I would just eat mine, and save Mrs Bear’s leftover Ribeye for my next day’s Supper.
Then years after that, Mrs Bear would have even more of her’s leftover, and I couldn’t eat all of mine either. So the next day I’d eat what I could of the leftovers, and save what’s left for the next day.
Nowadays we’re to the point where I only have to Grill one Ribeye for us to share, and there is still some of each of ours left for my next day, and usually enough for my whole Second Night’s Supper.
So that’s pretty much where we are now, so you can see what I mean about the costs. We started out nearly 51 years ago, with having to buy 2 Ribeyes for one night’s supper for each of us, and now we only need One Ribeye for one night’s Supper for Mrs Bear, and at least 2 night’s Suppers for Me. Many times there are even some side dishes left for a second or third night too.

I’ve pretty much switched to using “Soy Vay Island Teriyaki” as my Marinade of choice on our Ribeyes, so I usually either put it covered on a plate with the Marinade on it, and flip it now & then, or I just put it in a Gallon size Ziplock, and flip that a few times for anywhere between 3 hours & overnight.

Then all that’s left is the Grilling.

This time we had Spanish Rice on the Side, for both of us, and some leftover for The Bear.

Thanks for stopping in, guys & gals,

Bear

Marinating in Soy Vay Island Teriyaki Marinade:
IMG_4091.jpg

After First Flip. Note I like to pour on the leftover Marinade from the bag, after the first 2 flips. That's what the juice laying on top is:
IMG_4092.jpg

Working on the Grill Marks:
IMG_4093.jpg

Getting There, in a Rare Southeast PA Sun:
IMG_4095.jpg

Closer Look:
IMG_4094.jpg

Time to remove---Now I'm hungry again!!
IMG_4097.jpg

A look inside, while separating our Shares:
IMG_4100.jpg

Bear's Supper, with Spanish Rice:
IMG_4101.jpg

Bear's Second Night's Supper---Cut up Ribeye to bite sized pieces:
IMG_4103.jpg

Add the Leftover Spanish Rice:
IMG_4104.jpg

That's it---Bite-Sized Ribeye Pieces & Spanish Rice, for Bear's Second Night's Supper:
IMG_4106.jpg

Brother John I have the same problem eating can't do as much food now days. That does look great. LIKES
Richie

MMMMmmmm Love a good Rib-eye My favorite too.

Gary

Looks good . Haven't had a rib eye in awhile , I'm due .
Your second night supper , would be my next morning breakfast !
Gonna look for the sauce .

Reactions: JC in GB
nice rib-eye bowl!

My son loves rice with steak cause the juice from the steak seasons the rice into pure gold!

Last edited:
Damn Bear!! That's looking good. I was planning to do rib eyes tonight but Tracy emailed and said she wants tacos. Oh well....

Like tacos too,
Robert

Brother John I have the same problem eating can't do as much food now days. That does look great. LIKES
Richie

Thank You Richie!!
Yeah it kinda makes up for the higher costs.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

MMMMmmmm Love a good Rib-eye My favorite too.

Gary

Thank You Gary!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Good looking ribeye. Your right years ago it was the steak, baked potato, and a veggie. Now we usually do just a reg salad and maybe a Texas toast.

Looks good . Haven't had a rib eye in awhile , I'm due .
Your second night supper , would be my next morning breakfast !
Gonna look for the sauce .

Thank You Rich!!
Oh Yeah--That could be Breakfast too!!
Mrs Bear actually got that Marinade, and at the same time I got one too, in a delivery from Walmart---LOL Same Stuff.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Yes sir a good rib eye is hard to beat. You done them right Mr. bear.
I can go for that rice too.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
Yeah, Spanish Rice was a regular side they had in my High School Cafeteria.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky