RIB TIP TACOS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Yet another thread about tacos....

Over the weekend I did a rack of spares that I trimmed into St Louis style. Salt and pepper only and no wrap. I did the tips along with with them to use for something later in the week.

Here is a couple pics of the St Louis ribs from Saturday
0613202047.jpg
0613202054.jpg

Fast forward to taco Tuesday..
Before work I got out the leftover rib tips that I had smoked alongside the ribs and cut them in half
0616200716.jpg

Then I put a can of chipotle in Adobo sauce and a quart of home canned V8 style vegitable juice from the garden in the crock pot. Blended together with the stick blender.
0616200703a.jpg
0616200714.jpg
0616200713.jpg

Then put the rib tips in and set to low until I got home from work
0616200716a.jpg

Well I got stuck at work a little longer than expected so 12 hours later I pulled the rib tips out to shred up and remove any cartilage........well I guess they cooked long enough because I couldn't find a single piece of cartilage! It all melted away! Lol.
Here it is all shredded up and mixed in with just a little of the sauce.
0616202103.jpg

Threw some tortillas on the grill and choped up some onion and cilantro.....ready to build some tacos.
0616202159a.jpg

And the finished product....rib tip meat,onion,cilantro,lime juice,sour cream and a little queso fresco.
0616202210a.jpg

Another successful taco Tuesday! The rib tips deffinatly had some heat! Ok for me but a little too much for the wife. Next time I'll use about half the amount of chipotle in Adobo sauce.

Thanks for taking a look!

Great looking tacos Travis. There’s no such thing as too many taco threads.

The v8 with the chipotles and adobo sound interesting. And you’re right those little cans pack a little bit of heat, it definitely has a way of sneaking up on you.

Like!!

Looks great . Thinking about chicken tacos today , so I can give the tortilla press a workout .
Like the rib meat approach . Nice cook .

I missed the WHOLE can of Adobo . Holy cow . Lol. Some of those cans are hotter than others .

Damn Travis those tacos look awesome man! Like the rib meat idea I might have to try that next time. They should add this one up top and get you 3 spinning at once!

Tacos look good. You nailed those ribs!
Thanks Jake! Thise ribs were one of the best racks ive done. Super juicy.
Great looking tacos Travis. There’s no such thing as too many taco threads.

The v8 with the chipotles and adobo sound interesting. And you’re right those little cans pack a little bit of heat, it definitely has a way of sneaking up on you.

Like!!
Thanks xray! The V8 and Adobo worked really good. It needed something though. Like some grilled fruit...something sweet to balance it out..orange juice maybe. Or some grilled pineapple on the tacos. Definitely something im going to play with for sure
Looks great . Thinking about chicken tacos today , so I can give the tortilla press a workout .
Like the rib meat approach . Nice cook .

I missed the WHOLE can of Adobo . Holy cow . Lol. Some of those cans are hotter than others .
Thanks chopsaw! Yea....i guess I was thinking with a whole quart of the juice it wouldnt be too bad..lol I was wrong! A few extra beers disappeared form the fridge last night during dinner lol. Good luck with the press! Homemade tortillas are the best !

Reactions: chopsaw
Damn Travis those tacos look awesome man! Like the rib meat idea I might have to try that next time. They should add this one up top and get you 3 spinning at once!
Thanks! Ive been trying to think of things to use the rib tips on. This worked out really good! I couldnt belive the cartilage melted away lime it did!
Looks good homie
Thanks!

Looks good! We save Rib Tips for another meal as well. I saw a Whole can of Chipotle and Bowed Down as your a better man than me, handling the Heat. In my younger days, Chipotle Sandwiches tasted great at 3 AM Drunk and Hungry. But not now...JJ

Looks good! We save Rib Tips for another meal as well. I saw a Whole can of Chipotle and Bowed Down as your a better man than me, handling the Heat. In my younger days, Chipotle Sandwiches tasted great at 3 AM Drunk and Hungry. But not now...JJ
Thanks jj! I can usually handle a decent amount of heat but not as well as some...its the next morning that gets me!lol!

Reactions: Fueling Around
Travis that is some good lookin' tacos my friend!

And I love d hot then I hated it now I am back to lovin' it. Funny how your tastes change as you age...

BIG Like!

John
Thanks John! Mine have changed some as well...cant handle it as much as I used to...but then again sometimes I can...its weird. I got ryder a plate of tacos before I had more than just a taste....i have to hand it to him hes a trooper. He ate one and a half before he asked for another glass of milk! Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Man Travis those tacos look fabulous. Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris

Those are some great looking tacos! I can see Tuesday would be a good day to come visit. Love the idea using the rib tips, not sure I could get them to last long enough tho.

Ryan

Those are some great looking tacos! I can see Tuesday would be a good day to come visit. Love the idea using the rib tips, not sure I could get them to last long enough tho.

Ryan
Thanks Ryan ! We do try and do some kind of taco just about every Tuesday. And your right its hard not to snack on left over BBQ in the fridge! Was not to bad this time because I made 26 Abts when I made the ribs so we had those leftover too. Funny how each time I would open the fridge one more ABT would come up missing lol!

Holy smoke Travis!! You're on a roll brother. This is three in a row that got the ride. Congrats on yet another great looking meal sir!!

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky