Rib steaks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flatbroke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 16, 2007
Seasoned some bone in rib steaks with salt and pepper. Fired up the webber vortex and used a chunk of pecan for smoke.
659516D1-9E48-4224-ACC0-67FA456B3054.jpeg
7B985247-BC9C-469E-BB29-6A82C7CFB625.jpeg

Had 6 steaks in total. Gave a couple to a neighbor and his wife. I think they came out pretty good.
FB92B698-F0F4-4D83-BBDC-8A5B0E9F6711.jpeg
95480661-8D13-4B75-921D-F651520396D2.jpeg

Seems I have a hard time eating a whole steak these days so I cut off a 4 ounce piece and called it a day. Simple salad to complete lunch.
neighbor was happy too

Attachments

• 01BA1FA2-8B70-4FE6-A107-D69E583140F2.jpeg
    01BA1FA2-8B70-4FE6-A107-D69E583140F2.jpeg
    238.1 KB · Views: 4
Well, I WAS about to close on a house in your neighborhood, but since I didn't get an invite...:emoji_laughing:
Looks great flatbroke flatbroke , perfect doneness for me. And I'm with you on how much I eat. Anymore, a steak like that will be at least 3 meals for me.

Where did those steaks come from? I ask because I never see bone-in rib steaks with the chine bone still on at any grocer. Looks like steaks that I got when I bought half a cow several years ago...

Reactions: flatbroke
Well, I WAS about to close on a house in your neighborhood, but since I didn't get an invite...:emoji_laughing:
Looks great flatbroke flatbroke , perfect doneness for me. And I'm with you on how much I eat. Anymore, a steak like that will be at least 3 meals for me.

Where did those steaks come from? I ask because I never see bone-in rib steaks with the chine bone still on at any grocer. Looks like steaks that I got when I bought half a cow several years ago...
Good eye. we raise our own beef.

They are beautiful and perfectly cooked...JJ

Reactions: flatbroke
I’ll take any leftovers…those steaks look great!
Wauuzammo you did them steaks up beautiful! Any houses for sale in your neighborhood?
I have a Lang can I be your neighbor? great looking meal!
I'm on Zillow now searching your neighborhood for a house. Good looking steak.
Jim
great looking meal!
Nice job on those steaks. Yup I'm the same not as big a eater as I use to be.

Warren
Nice steaks , and lucky neighbor .
All I get from my neighbor is a headache from him mowing his lawn every 2 days. ha ha
Nice meal

David
Looks great! I know that neighbors sure do love people who cook more than they can eat.
Great work flat!
Man those steaks look great. Perfectly cooked.
They are beautiful and perfectly cooked...JJ
Thank you all

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky