Rib Steak on My “Q” (Teriyaki)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Rib Steak on My “Q” (Teriyaki)

I’m trying a couple new Teriyaki Marinades & Sauces, because I never cared for Kikkoman.
I’ve been using Lawry’s Teriyaki for a good while, but I’m trying to get close to that 50 year old Hawaiian memory I still have.

This time it’s going to be “Soy Vay Island Teriyaki”.
So I put the Steak in a ZipLock, and poured a little Teriyaki in.
Then I squeezed it around until all sides were coated.
Then into the fridge for about 6 hours this time, as I usually go anywhere from 2 hours to over night.
Then it was onto my Weber “Q”, flip it around a few times.
Got some nice Grill Marks & into the house we went.

Mrs Bear whipped up some Roasted Reds & some Green Beans to keep the Beef company, and time to eat.
The Steak was a little more rare than we like it, but I figured this will make it better for reheating leftovers the next night.

Then the next night I took the Leftover & sliced it into strips, and threw them in a pan with a little Butter.
I flipped those pieces around until they were getting warm & added a little Shot of that same Marinade & stirred it in until Hot.
That was it—No Taters & No Veggies this time, just a big plate of Tasty Teriyaki Beef Strips.

That Soy Vay Island Teriyaki was pretty Darn good, but the search goes on.

Thanks for stopping in!!

Bear

Rib Steak looking good after 17 months in the freezer:
IMG_3777.jpg

Added the Soy Vay Island Teriyaki for 6 hours:
IMG_3778.jpg

I'll take you on Tour, passing 2 rocking chairs on the left, & my 6500EU Honda:
IMG_3779.jpg

Then we pass my MES 40, on the left, under cover:
IMG_3780.jpg

And on to my Weber "Q" Gas Grill, with the Steak already cooking:
IMG_3781.jpg

Close look after the first flip:
IMG_3783.jpg

Third & final flip, and ready to remove:
IMG_3785.jpg

And into the house we go:
IMG_3786.jpg

Checking the interior, I see it's slightly more rare than we like, but that will help in the reheating tomorrow:
IMG_3787.jpg

Bear's first helping, with some Green Beans & Roasted Reds:
IMG_3788.jpg

Second Night, I sliced the leftover into strips:
IMG_3790.jpg

Then I flipped them around in a buttery pan. Here it's time to add the Teriyaki:
IMG_3791.jpg

After stirring & flipping with the Teriyaki, it's plated. Loved This!!
IMG_3793.jpg

Perfectamundo bear,

Point for sure
Chris

Good looking meal John.
Love me some Teriyaki too.

Try P.F. Chang's Teriyaki sauce.
And there's a Teriyaki who's name I don't know, nor can pronounce, that I get from my local Asian market that is delicious.
It's not a normal Teriyaki sauce flavor profile, not much sweetness.
Next time I get some I'll take a pic of the label.

Awesome although may be just a tad over cooked for my liking.
Dang you did it again I was in Pa last night and you post an after the fact photo of everything all gone. I will be back in Pa tonight what's for dinner?

Warren

All of it looks delicious Bear, even the first "rarer" portion (that's EXACTLY how I like em)... :emoji_wink: Great way to prepare the leftover though!!!

Thank You Joe!!
Appreciate the comments and the Like.

Bear

Reactions: clifish
The original steak looks perfect. My wife and I like rare/med.rare. But we don't mind medium.
Question sir, does the Teriyaki have sugar in it? If so, does it caramelize or burn when used at the beginning of a cook? It sounds like something we may like.

I already commented above , but been thinking the second day plate would make an awesome sandwich or wrapped in a tortilla .

Looks Great !! Hmmmm I think I've seen that grill before :emoji_astonished:

Nice job

Gary

Good looking meal John.
Love me some Teriyaki too.

Try P.F. Chang's Teriyaki sauce.
And there's a Teriyaki who's name I don't know, nor can pronounce, that I get from my local Asian market that is delicious.
It's not a normal Teriyaki sauce flavor profile, not much sweetness.
Next time I get some I'll take a pic of the label.

Thank You John!!
PF Chang's recipe for Mongolian Beef looks just like my Leftover Meal Above.
Another one on my list to Try.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky