Rib Steak on My “Q” (Teriyaki)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dang, Bear, that looks great! I, too, don't care to have my steak moo at me when I take a bite. I've got a few bossies out in the pasture and despite knowing what they are there for, I need a little more separation from live state to plate. But your treatment of the leftovers is spot on!! Big like!

I swear you can't hardly do wrong with anything you prepare. Well done.

And what is it about green beans and red potatoes? I don't even like green beans, but when you plate them with red potatoes, I'm in.

Great post! Bear

Soy sauce, Garlic and honey makes Teriyaki!
ad some sesame seeds or sesame oil if you like.

Play with the amounts, you can bet the one from the Islands you are trying to create didn't come from a bottle............
Maybe some Pineapple or Papaya juice. Papaya will also tenderize the meat. The "Ponderosa Steakhouse chain was famous for that"
My 2 cents.....

Last edited:
That's some good looking stuff Bear!! Congrats on the carousel ride. Very deserving with food that looks as good as that

WOW!!
Robert

Awesome although may be just a tad over cooked for my liking.
Dang you did it again I was in Pa last night and you post an after the fact photo of everything all gone. I will be back in Pa tonight what's for dinner?

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks delicious John!
Very nicely done!!
Al

Thank You Al !!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Super steak, Sir! Big like!

Thank You Disco!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

The original steak looks perfect. My wife and I like rare/med.rare. But we don't mind medium.
Question sir, does the Teriyaki have sugar in it? If so, does it caramelize or burn when used at the beginning of a cook? It sounds like something we may like.

Thank You Don!!
I expected it to burn, which is why I put it in the Pan Late (Second Meal)
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I already commented above , but been thinking the second day plate would make an awesome sandwich or wrapped in a tortilla .

I'm sure it would, but we aren't well versed on those Tortilla things.

Bear

Looks Great !! Hmmmm I think I've seen that grill before :emoji_astonished:

Nice job

Gary

Thank You Gary!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Dang, Bear, that looks great! I, too, don't care to have my steak moo at me when I take a bite. I've got a few bossies out in the pasture and despite knowing what they are there for, I need a little more separation from live state to plate. But your treatment of the leftovers is spot on!! Big like!

Thank You Waynl !!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nice cook on that steak Bear, it all looks great!

Thank You Much Justin!!
And for the Like too.

Bear

I swear you can't hardly do wrong with anything you prepare. Well done.

And what is it about green beans and red potatoes? I don't even like green beans, but when you plate them with red potatoes, I'm in.

Thank You Bertman!!
Appreciate the kind words!!

Bear

Great post! Bear

Soy sauce, Garlic and honey makes Teriyaki!
ad some sesame seeds or sesame oil if you like.

Play with the amounts, you can bet the one from the Islands you are trying to create didn't come from a bottle............
Maybe some Pineapple or Papaya juice. Papaya will also tenderize the meat. The "Ponderosa Steakhouse chain was famous for that"
My 2 cents.....

Thank You!!
You're probably right.
All I remember is it was actually a Glaze they put on my Steak, and the only ingredients I remember were Ginger, Soy Sauce, Sesame Seeds & toasted Sesame oil. I'm sure it had some Hawaiian Fruit stuff in it, but so far I haven't hit it. My wife was with me, or I would have worked on the one waitress---For the Recipe, that is!!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: fullborebbq
Just tried the "Soy Vay veri veri Teriyaki" on some pork tenderloin medallions. Way good!!!!! did a quick vacuum marinade on them then pan fried in a bit of olive oil.

Your steak taters and green beans look great Bear! Tasty looking plate as usual!

Out of all the commercial teriyaki marinades I have had, that Soy Vey was probably the best of them all. I just like a lot of sesame and ginger flavor. But they all need some help.

I make teriyaki a lot! Mostly because that's what Mrs. BEV asks for often. Give this teriyaki recipe a shot. https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/sesame-ginger-teriyaki-wings-and-football.291040/

Some of my best tips for teriyaki I can give...

• Don't expect a marinade to serve the same purpose as the glaze or dipping sauce. Make two different sauces for two different purposes. Simply pour some of your marinade in a pan and reduce it down until it is thick and syrupy. Add additional brown or white sugar, mirin (honey or agave also works- or even <EEK> corn syrup!) if desired to taste. If you are starting from a commercial "sauce" such as the Soy Vey, I may add more sesame oil or fresh grated ginger (must use fresh ginger not powder) as well.
  • Try using ponzu to start with instead of soy sauce for your teriyaki recepie. You can buy commercial ponzu but here is an easy recipe to make it:
    • 1/3 Cup lemon juice
    • 1/3 Cup lime juice
    • 1/3 Cup Orange Juice
    • 1 Cup Soy sauce
    • 1/4 Cup Rice Vinegar
    • 1/4 Cup Mirin
  • Always start low sodium soy. Also there are MUCH better types of soy sauce to buy than Kikkoman. Use SHOYU type or even Tamari. Quality matters.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky