Rib Roast on Rotisserie 1st Time Excellent

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 12, 2018
DACULA GA
From reading everything here about spinning meats, I finally got one and was able to mount on my Chargriller charcoal grill. Spun a 6 lb Rib Roast and it came out fantastic. It was really fun too. Write ups above each picture.
Seasoned with Pepper and Garlic. I usually use Robert tx smoker tx smoker 's Beef Rub, but a little too spicy for the Mrs. Seasoned up and onto the Roto. Used regular charcoal and Oak chunks. Love Oak for Beef. Able to monitor Pit Temp and Meat Temp, thanks to Rich chopsaw chopsaw recommending the Tappecue thermometer.
IMG_4254.jpg
About 2 hours in spinning nicely, but each full turn, the meat slips on the Spit and jerks a little. I reinserted a few times to get it more even, still slipped over the spit. Unable to rotate images, sorry folks.
IMG_4255.jpg
Off the Spit and resting. Smells awesome.
IMG_4257.jpg
Sliced and looking great. Perfect doneness for our liking. Tasted great. This will be my go to from now on. Next time I'll try a whole Chicken. Thanks for stopping by.

Attachments

• IMG_4258.jpg
    IMG_4258.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 12
Beautiful work Mike, cooked to my liking too! I have two whole in the bag rib roasts to process, I'll be spinning one on the Weber real soon. Oaks the best for beef!RAY

Reactions: MJB05615
Looks great Mike . Perfect temp for me too . I think I have one left in the freezer .

BTW , That Tappecue air probe is awesome for spinning . Took a bit for it to settle in , but after that it's been great .

Last edited:
Fantastic rib-roast Mike . Done to perfection. It won't be long before I can break out my new spinner. Still waiting for mother nature to play nice on my days off.

Point for sure
Chris

Beautiful work Mike, cooked to my liking too! I have two whole in the bag rib roasts to process, I'll be spinning one on the Weber real soon. Oaks the best for beef!RAY
Thanks Ray. Rich told me about Oak, and it's the best flavor I've ever had. I use it when I Char Steaks too.

Looks great Mike . Perfect temp for me too . I think I have one left in the freezer .

BTW , That Tappecue air probe is awesome for spinning . Took a bit for it to settle in , but after that it's been great .
Thanks Rich. Yes that tappecue is a great Therm for spinning.

Fantastic rib-roast Mike . Done to perfection. It won't be long before I can break out my new spinner. Still waiting for mother nature to play nice on my days off.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris. Loving this Roto, can't believe I didn't think of it a long time ago.

Wow, just wow!!! Mike, I would let you cook for me any day! That roast looks perfect.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky