Rib Portions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokingbama

Original poster
Jan 30, 2011
We went local grocery store and bought a box of St. Louis Style Rib Portions and a box of Baby Back Rib Portions. They were 10 dollars a piece for 10 pound boxes. Any tips on how to smoke these. The St. Louis Style Ribs are cut into bigger portions but the baby back are no more than 3 rib bones.

Thanks in advance

Daniel

That was the way I had smoke full racks but just wasn't sure on these because they are cut up in portions already and thought they 3-2-1 method might be to much.

Nope won't make any difference. The only difference would be if the ribs were thinner than usual.

Some good advice above. Good way to do them. You'll have enough ribs to play with other ways as well.I always snag a coupla boxes of those from the local Safeway here when they offer them....good price point. Type in ribs in the handy search tool and pages of ways will to them will show up....have fun.

I'm a big fan of the high heat method for smoking ribs, although that's a bit of a misnomer.  I smoke my ribs between 275-325 for about 2 hours.  Add about 30 minutes to make them fall off the bone.  It's more like medium heat method, but that doesn't sound as good. 

I did the 3-2-1 and the 2-2-1 for years, and I can do ribs just as well in 2 hours.  Meat only takes smoke for so long.  Anything beyond 2 hours and you're wasting smoke wood.  Last weekend I did an event at a local bar where we gave away 21 slabs of baby backs and got nothing but raves. In fact I do most of my smoking at that temp.  I do pulled pork in 4-5 hours instead of 8, fatties in an hour and a half to two hours, etc.   

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky