Reynolds Reco mixer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

joel11230

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 21, 2016
Hey everybody. I recently acquired an old Reynolds Reco 222 mixer. I am looking for the on off switch and housing for it. It runs smooth and perfect. I could wire in a new switch but would rather have the original. If anyone sees anything out there please let me know. Thank you very much, Joel

Look on other threads of needing mixer parts.....   He's one recent post....

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiwaka  

I saw your request for info on the Reynolds 22 qt. mixer.  Reynolds Electric was sold in 1985 to Middleby Marshall Co of Morton Grove, IL which I believe is now is Elgin, IL & manufactures the mixers under the Titan name.  I was Service Manager for Reynolds for 10 years in charge of repairs on all mixers until the company was sold.  I was the only woman to have the job.  I am now long retired.   I can tell you that the bowl you need is part #2904, 20 qt tinned steel bowl or #5963, stainless steel bowl, which I think may be the same bowl now used on the current 20 qt mixers.  I don't know if the current bowl holders are the same as the old 22 qt holders, but if you can find a bowl, you could have new holders welded on.  The serial number tells me that your mixer was manufactured in January 1955. (Next Jan it will be 58)  Try some restaurant supply houses,  They may have a bowl.  As far as the man who is looking for a gear, no such luck.  While Reynolds kept all the old parts, when Middleby bought them out, they took all the old parts, sold them to a service man who only a few months later passed away.  No idea what happened to the old parts, probably tossed out.  You will have to have someone make a new gear for you.  I hope this will help you to find a new bowl for your mixer. Now I know why I kept an album with info about the Reynolds mixers.  Good luck in finding a bowl. 
[/quoteHi, I aquired an old Reynolds mixer. It is the 22 quart 2 speed. Can you help me identify when. it was manufactured? Thank you. I have an old 22 quart Reynolds mixer. I am looking for the on off switch and housing.

Dave, what era do you reckon this is from? I'm guessing 40's maybe?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky