Reverse Sear Prime Rib **Help**

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nicerack00

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 14, 2016
Not smoking anything, just a meat question so I figured idaskthe pros! I'm doing a prime rib tomorrow in the oven. I've already decided I'm going to salt and pepper it tonight then tomorrow go 225 degrees until the roast is at 125 then pull it out, let it rest and let the oven preheat to 500 and finish it for about 10 minutes. My question is should I cook the roast covered with tinfoil until the sear portion of the process to prevent any drying or with the low temp is that not an issue?

Not an issue and a dry exterior Browns easier than a moist steamed one...JJ

Okay that's the way I was leaning, but I've seen a pretty even amount of people doing both. Thanks guys!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky