Reverse Sear Cow Part With Smoked Popcorn, Asparagus & the Cavity King

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ok ok without further ado I shall wrap up the meal...

Here is the smoked popcorn - grind a wee bit of smoked salt on it & you have a nice little snack.

& finally we have the Cavity King!

Mmmm

Mmmm

Good!

This has most of your main dessert staples - chocolate, pretzels, sugar, caramel & peanut butter.

Incredibly rich & deeply satisfying the Cavity King makes a worthy ending to this meal...

Do yourself a favor & click on that photo up there ^^

thumb1.gif

Hey SB, man ya been smokin up a storm the last couple days.... Good for you man !! Great lookin steak and all the trimmings. Nice reverse sear, I love reverse sear !! Never heard of reverse sear til this forum, (I think it was one of Red's posts) !! Funny quick story, after that post I read, a few days later I told the wife, lets have a steak tonite (it was a Friday) .. She said ok, how ya wanna do em ?? I said I wanna try somethin different .... She said ok, what ya wanna try ?? I said I wanna try a reverse sear.... She said a "what" ?? I said a reverse sear.... She said oh ok, we can try that (not really knowing what it was but she's a trooper" ) ! So that nite I done the reverse sear on a couple 1 1/4" ribeyes and now I have a hard time doin a steak that's not a reverse sear !! Haha, needless to say it was a hit ....

Nice lookin meal bud,

Justin
Thanks Justin 
smile.gif
  My taste buds were extra happy tonight...

That's a happy happy plate! Nice looking food there.

/patiently awaits the Cavity King.......
Thanks Foam 
smile.gif
  & the Cavity King has arrived 
thumb1.gif

I agree with Case, you need a mini. Great all purpose cooker.
I'm working on it man 
icon_smile.gif

Get looking sear and plate.

Like most here. I had never heard of revere seared till this site. So another story to add to the thread............ I was writing a Chef Table menu for a client coming in to check out our offering we have for their group. So I wrote a reverse seared filet into the menu. My peers were giving me a hard time about it and saying I made something up just so I could smoke something......so I did what I needed to do for the meal. We were slow so only a couple people were there to see and taste it.....as we all know they loved it. It was so tender you just looked at it and it cut itself......... So I wrote it for another menu and one of the big bosses came through and saw the meat in the smoker and was panicking that it was not going to be done in time. So my head Chef told him to relax and wait for it....... Let's say he is a fan now..... I still get razzed a bit over it because it is not main stream, but I never have any scraps left........

The great thing about this method is you place the meat in the smoker with accurate temps for a long time and serve when needed. That helps me a lot since when doing the Chef Tables The guests are on their own timeline and we don't always know what it is.

All looks Great SB !!!
icon14.gif

Steak looks right on!!
drool.gif

Supposed to hit 60* here tomorrow (for a change), so you just pushed me over into making a couple of Ribeyes for tomorrow!!!

I'll probably sauté a pile of fungus to top it with too!!!

Thanks for the inspiration,

Bear

Fantastic!!! It looked wonderful and your method is a delicious way indeed!!!

Your close-up shots were just terrific!

Happy Friday!!

Cheers!!!!!! - Leah
Thanks Leah 
smile.gif
  It was a fantastic steak!
Get looking sear and plate.

Like most here. I had never heard of revere seared till this site. So another story to add to the thread............ I was writing a Chef Table menu for a client coming in to check out our offering we have for their group. So I wrote a reverse seared filet into the menu. My peers were giving me a hard time about it and saying I made something up just so I could smoke something......so I did what I needed to do for the meal. We were slow so only a couple people were there to see and taste it.....as we all know they loved it. It was so tender you just looked at it and it cut itself......... So I wrote it for another menu and one of the big bosses came through and saw the meat in the smoker and was panicking that it was not going to be done in time. So my head Chef told him to relax and wait for it....... Let's say he is a fan now..... I still get razzed a bit over it because it is not main stream, but I never have any scraps left........

The great thing about this method is you place the meat in the smoker with accurate temps for a long time and serve when needed. That helps me a lot since when doing the Chef Tables The guests are on their own timeline and we don't always know what it is.
Thanks man 
smile.gif
   & yeah the reverse sear will make a believer out of anybody 
icon_mrgreen.gif

Last edited:

All looks Great SB !!!
icon14.gif

Steak looks right on!!
drool.gif

Supposed to hit 60* here tomorrow (for a change), so you just pushed me over into making a couple of Ribeyes for tomorrow!!!

I'll probably sauté a pile of fungus to top it with too!!!

Thanks for the inspiration,

Bear
Thanks Bear 
smile.gif
  the steak was perfect! 
drool.gif

32.gif

drool.gif

Did you make the ribeyes?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky