Reverse Flow Finished

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gary s

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 6, 2011
This was our first build. We started with a 16" pipe, split it and added 5" to get the shape we wanted. The firebox is also 16" pipe with 4" removed on top so it would be flat. We also added 5" to the end (square) for looks. The wheels are 12" pipe cut 2 1/2" wide and 5/8" rod for spokes. The work table at the end is removable to allow the handles to be used when moving. The boards in frome come off as well for cleaning. It holde Temp. really well and smokes great. It is (smoke chamber) 42" long. We have two pull out racks. We also made the tools.
1d67fcdb_IMG_1096.jpg

icon_cool.gif

Now thats one super good lookig rig that you built there Gary. Now welcome to SMF. You'll like this place for there are alot of really good folks here that would do anything to help you withsmoking meat. So get to smoking.

Hey, Thank you. We are looking at starting another one pretty soon. We are trying to find a 150 gal, Propane tank, not many around at least around here. Lots of 250's we are also looking for some 24" pipe that is reasonable we'll see. We are thinking of a trailer mounted unit this time. Will have to do a lot of research on trailer loading and pit placement. 

Wow! That is one fine looking smoker.

Craig

Where's the "I'm not worthy" emoticon??

Last edited:
Thank everyone for the nice rewiews, actually I was just the designer and helper my son was the tallent that did all the welding and fitting. There was a lot of trial and error, we would tack something on and if we didn't likeit we cut it off grind it down and re-do it. We kind of new the look and what we wanted , but being our first build wasn't sure just how it would work out. I would say to anyone Take your time, Do your research and look at as many smokers as you can and take the best ideas from each one and build what you like. This took about two months, working on it a few hours here and there and on weekends. Used Miller Wire feed on everything. We built the tray in the firebox where it would slide for easy access, also built a charcoal basket.

This was built this in the backyard, No Shop so were were at the mercy of the weather.

Last edited:
Awesome job Gary, you and your son did a fine job.  I really like the way you split the pipe and add to its height. I have a second RF carcass sitting out front just waiting to be finished, I think I may need to do this mod to it before I continue.

Nice work.

This is a phenomenal job guys. I'm looking to build my first and believe me I'm going to take some ideas from this one if that's ok.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky